Ss Brew Kettle 5.5 Gallon - change from diptube to Bazooka.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiral

Reaction score
Hi

I started using this Kettle for BIAB. My previous kettle with a Bazooka, I had no major issues with pellet hops or leaf hops.
I'd like to keep the pot and use the brewtech fittings for a bazooka or some other better setup than the diptube siphon setup.
Does anyone have any good ideas or solutions?

Thanks Gary

Hi

I started using this Kettle for BIAB. My previous kettle with a Bazooka, I had no major issues with pellet hops or leaf hops.
I'd like to keep the pot and use the brewtech fittings for a bazooka or some other better setup than the diptube siphon setup.
Does anyone have any good ideas or solutions?

Thanks Gary

My first suggestion is to look at a hop filter instead such as the one NorCal offers which is also great for dry hopping or adding adjuncts if you're using something other than a carboy. It does a great job filtering, but you may find it somewhat small if doing IPAs with whole leaf hops.

You can also get something bigger in case you want to go hop crazy. If you watch for sales at PFD, you can pick this up for around around $35 shipped.

I have both of these products and can attest to how well they work as I don't have much or any trub left in the kettle.

I use a diptube with a length of stainless braided line on the end and a stainless hop spider.. the bigger 6x14" one no issues even with my plate chiller

Are you using something like this?
http://www.anvilbrewing.com/product-p/anv-kettle-strainer.htm

I am using a spider with bags. Are the stainless ones more effective?

Thanks Gary

Thats very similar to the one in my mash tun under my false bottom. only my mounting base is made of cpvc... I noticed recently that this company started selling these...

for my boil kettle its really only this made from a $5 toilet hose I cut the stainless from. I tip the kettle at the end of draining it and put a stopper under it so ensure all the wort drains.

received_10209664621505428[1].jpeg

Back