Spunding valve help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashopis

Reaction score
Hey brewers. I just got a fermzilla with a spunding valve and am having trouble. My CO2 regulator says 15 psi, but my spunding valve say 10 psi (see video ). Tue blow tie Valve is tightened all the way.

Can anyone offer advice on this?

If accuracy is important for your application, you're learning an important lesson here. The gauges that come with most regulators and with most spunding valves are not very accurate, particularly in the low end of their ranges. I replace most of my gauges with something like this (in various PSI ranges):
71aQx7Pz%2B6L._SL1500_.jpg

Do you have a stand alone pressure gauge? I have a few on ball locks and use them to check the range of the reading I'm getting. As @VikeMan says the dry gauges or not that accurate and you want the gauges range to be across the pressures you expect. They do have the option to slip a new gauge in the kegland spunding valve as really 0-40 psi is plenty of range for spunding. FWIW the inline regulator gauge from kegland reads 10 psi in my keg fridge but the secondary 0-15 larger dial gauge in the same pipework reads 14.5 psi.

Do you have a stand alone pressure gauge? I have a few on ball locks and use them to check the range of the reading I'm getting. As @VikeMan says the dry gauges or not that accurate and you want the gauges range to be across the pressures you expect. They do have the option to slip a new gauge in the kegland spunding valve as really 0-40 psi is plenty of range for spunding. FWIW the inline regulator gauge from kegland reads 10 psi in my keg fridge but the secondary 0-15 larger dial gauge in the same pipework reads 14.5 psi.

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Back