spray gun regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotbfan

Reaction score
Are there any specific reasons that a 1/4" NPT spray gun regulator with adjustments from 1-160 psi in 1 lb. increments would not work as a secondary regulator for a kegging system? I want to try one that I found online that might work perfectly for my application, but I don't want to waste 30 bucks only to have it arrive and have there be an immediate problem with using it in this application.

It is listed as a diaphragm regulator if that makes a difference. A review says that it has a hard time pushing enough gas to a tool that uses 14 cfm, but that seems like a silly quantity of gas in a beer line, I can't imagine hitting that barrier. It is also described as being a great replacement for the mini regulators that are normal on guns which I understand usually don't work well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

If it's a diaphragm regulator, it should be fine. You will have to figure in the cost of replacing the gauge, because the 0-160 won't have the resolution that you'd want.

I haven't tried them, but with out some testing I don't think I would trust cheap air regulators. My thoughts are that compressed air is usually generated on site and small leaks are not a problem. Again, just my thoughts, but I'd test em out before risking a co2 bottle.

Ed

Back