Spotted at Home Goods - deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocotaco

Reaction score
Huge pot, looks to be 2.1 ratio. At least 20 gallons, could be 30. I could sleep inside this pot. Nice, thick stainless with tri-clad bottom. Lid included but not pictured.

$135. That's less than I paid for my 10 gallon pot of similar quality.

Should I start kicking myself for not buying this (even with no immediate need)? In my experience, some things at home goods are one time deals.

1407720004004.jpg

Well, I have never heard of the Palm brand before. But I inspected the pot (I don't consider it a "kettle" unless I've either used it for brewing, or it's sold for that purpose... because I'm weird) very thoroughly and it was extremely nice. And gigantic. It's what The Mountain from A Song of Ice And Fire would use to brew beer.

It was in the Home Goods in my in-laws' town. So here's what I'll do: if it's still there the next time I go back there (in a couple of weeks) then I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll just say that it was at the Home Goods in La Canada, CA (near Glendale) underneath a table in the cookware section. If someone else buys it, you owe me a bottle of homebrew for the tip!

It was definitely at least 20 gallons. I want to say it was 30, because I own a 10-gallon kettle and you could probably stack two of them inside and still have lots of room around the sides. I have seriously never seen a pot that big. I could have put my wife and both of my children in it (but I didn't because that would drawn some concerned looks from the other shoppers). When I got home and looked at my 10-gallon MegaPot, it was like the same pot except for LEGO people.

That's a big pot for the money!
If anything, the handles look welded on, not riveted. So don't lift the pot unless it's empty. Don't want any silly accidents.

I wonder if it works on induction. Is it indeed 18/10 SS as suggested in the other thread?

Reading that other thread, I'm guessing it's the same pot - roughly 25 gallons. But $135 instead of $199.

Again, that's the Home Goods at 935 Foothill Blvd, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011 - I almost hope someone else buys it. I could use a bottle of homebrew much more than I could use a $135 hole in my bank account :mug:

Please post here if you buy it so I know not to go looking for it in 2 weeks. I can't imagine anyone but a homebrewer having any desire for such a large pot.

FYI - I believe Palm is a house brand of cookware for Home Goods, Marshalls and TJ Maxx (all owned by the same company I think?).

A "deal" on something you can't really use in your system isn't a deal. Now, if you're planning on doing huge batches someday...why wait?

Chocotaco,
Just wanted to say thanks for the info! Our local store had 3 of these pots onsale for $78.99 each! Needless to say they are 30 gal pots! Haven't brewed on them yet since I just pick them up this afternoon, however with my jet burners, I got 25 gals to boil within 15 mins :) thank you again, send me a pm with your address and as soon as the first batch is completed you'll get a brew from it. And since you've been so kind, I'll return the favor. What's your favorite style of beer?

Latest posts

Back