Spike Flex+ pressurized fermentation with SS Brewtech Sspundiung valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haasfilm

Reaction score
This subject has been mentioned here before, but seems like no definitive resolutions were reached? I have a Spike Flex+ fermentor and am exploring options for doing pressurized fermentations. The Brewtech Sspunding valve seems like the best option. Both manufacturers seem a touch cagey in terms of recommendations, due to safety concerns. I am thinking of adding a Tee to the 1.5" TC port on the lid. From that Tee I would attached the Sspunding valve and the Spike gas manifold to monitor the actual pressure (the manifold also has a PRV). Thoughts?

I don't know anything about that spunding valve and my other Brewtech stuff is great, but one thing I like about my Spundit 2.0 spunding valve is that it is made to easily connect a hose from the output side which also allows me to purge my kegs with fermentation CO2. I would miss that added benefit. It is cheaper also but it connects to the fermenter with a keg ball lock post.

I've specifically bread people suggesting to not use ball lock spunding valves as they're the easiest to clog.
I use a tc blichmann spunding valve and it works fine, but everyone seems to recommend these SS valves and I don't know why for the life of me.
I've just sold off any SS stuff I have and I'm leery of buying any SS product going forward.

Back