Speidel 60L , need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashjon

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a 60L Speidel fermenter a while back and had not used it yet, I cleaned it all up and went to put it back together and I am having trouble keeping the seal in the top while putting it on, when I put the seal on the body it seems to be ok but then the strap does not seem to want to close(to tight) I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I looked at others and I seem to have band on correctly but something is wrong. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks John

It sounds as if your gasket may be coming out of the groove that it is intended to rest in and causing the issue. I usually spray starsan in the groove to help hold it in place prior to installing the lid.
Hope this helps.

I have 2 of them. They can be a pita to get to seal up. Just make sure the O ring is seated and that the lid is down all the way. The locking strap will be very snug and might seem like it's not going to close. But it will. Test it with some sanitizer or water in it with the lid screwed on.

Back