Special Brew For The Super Bowl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT's AZ Ale Haus

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed a special beer for the Super Bowl this year?

I did a 5 gal batch of APA Blonde Ale - "Super Blonde 53"

No, but I do have a pale ale that I recently bottled and should be ready that weekend. It wasn't planned, it just happened, does that count? I guess I could call it my Super Pale Ale 53

I brewed a lite (read BMC) beer for a friend that won't drink anything but Miller Lite. We will see how it turns out for the super bowl. I call it Philgina Lite.
That is why I brewed the Blonde Ale, because a lot of people I know, won't drink Heavy/Hoppy/Bitter beer's.
We usually have around 50-60 people show up for our party, so I catered to the masses.

I don`t cater to anyone but the wife, he happens to be the only person that I still know from my 20's and is more like a brother than my own brothers. He tries everything I have brewed since I started 17 years ago so I thought it was time I made something geared toward his tastes. Unfortunately I don't think I read up enough on brewing with cow feed (corn) and missed my numbers a bit for the first time and also forgot to change some timings. Basically I ran a brew cycle that was meant for something with wheat in it. By the time I noticed that I had my head up the brown round it was too late. But hey you live and learn, it is only my 4th brew on my new brewing machine. WTF do I care ...... IT'S BEER!

I hope to have my latest lager on tap by then; should wind up 6.5-7% so I can get blitzed and not watch the damn thing. I HATE Tom Brady.

I am no Brady/Belichek/Patriot fan by any stretch of the imagination (how could I be? I am a Dolphin man!) But, don't go around hating them. Just revel in their abject misery after they lose!

I will be drinking a Belgian golden strong ale (10%) ALL GAME!

Last edited:
I'm brewing a un-carbonated stout in honor of the patriot's penchant for under-inflated balls. Something like this:

upload_2019-1-23_15-33-23.png

I am no Brady/Belichek/Patriot fan by any stretch of the imagination (how could I be? I am a Dolphin man!) But, don't go around hating them. Just revel in their abject misery after they lose!

I'm a Fins fan - maybe I should make a flat beer with no Gase.

Gonna clarify here, then someone can tell me to get my a$$ to the Trash Talkin Football thread or whatever it's called...I'm a born and bred Seahawks fan. Nuff said. Lager should be good to keg this Saturday then chill out in the keg for a week. And APA will also be ready so I'll be a happy girl with lots of tasty brews on tap. If nothing else, there's the commercials.

Back