Speaking of Thermopens...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not happy with mine, and regret buying it. It doesn't turn on half the time, and will randomly jump or fall 10 degrees, then bounce back to what seems like SHOULD be the correct temperature reading.

dannedry said:
Im not happy with mine, and regret buying it. It doesn't turn on half the time, and will randomly jump or fall 10 degrees, then bounce back to what seems like SHOULD be the correct temperature reading.

How old is it? If is less than a year old you should definitely send it back. I have never had problems with my Thermapen and it was an open box special.

Thanks for that, I just had a brew day that went south due to a bad thermometer so I picked up one of these bad boys!

Thermoworks is an awesome company. Their $20 digital thermometer is all I need for any purpose. The first one I had eventually started reading LLLLL so I emailed the company asking what it meant and they shipped me another one completely free of charge. Then the first one started working again so now I have two. Dial thermometers are laughably worthless in comparison.

Back