Sparkling mead how much Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagatho

Reaction score
hello fellas

just a quick question, im about to bottle 10 liters of dry show mead i want to make it sparkling, how much honey i have to add to make a nice Fizzy mead.

:tank:

I would use Wyeast 4632 yeast with 2 pounds and 2.04 ounces of honey that make about 12%Abv mead and bottle condition will make it sparkling. (1gallon)

thanks i will do 1/4 cup to prime, i will post the result in 2 weeks or 3 weeks ;D

:mug:
Northern Brewer has a calculator too, that's what I used. Figured for 2.6 volumes at 70 F.

There's one I've used that has a drop down menu with a vast list of beverages / styles and a menu of fermentables including honey, maple syrup and the ussually used sugars. :mad: I should have bookmarked it.

YMMV, but I'd give it longer than 2 or 3 weeks .... mine seem to take several weeks to bottle carb, and they're lower abv melomels (6-8%)...as said, ymmv

your right me last bottle carb was 3 weeks it was also a dry show mead 6-7%

i will open test bottles in one, two and meaby three week ;D

:tank:

Back