Sparkling Juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodolfof1

Reaction score
Does someone have ever tried doing "natural soda"?

I mean something like 80% juice / 20% water, with no sugar or preservative, put it all together in the keg and force carbonation.

If yes, could tell the experience?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

But I'm looking for something more "natural" without much water. Making a real sparkling juice (around 15-20% water).

I was thinking about buying for example apple juice (ultrafiltered and pasteurized) then mix it with water in 80/20 proportion. No sugar, no preservative, I don't wanna make syrup, I'd like to carbonate real juice (integral for example)

I've done this and it worked well. Once the contents of the keg are cold you can speed up the carbonation by shaking the keg. Set the Co2 regulator to the level you want then roll and shake the keg until it stops accepting the Co2.

I've done this and it worked well. Once the contents of the keg are cold you can speed up the carbonation by shaking the keg. Set the Co2 regulator to the level you want then roll and shake the keg until it stops accepting the Co2.

Did you leave the keg inside the fridge for a few days after pressure stabilized? what was the pressure?

Thanks.

I do this with apple juice. The kids love it. I bought a carbonator cap and will fill up a 2L bottle with the juice and get it pretty chill.

I'll hit it with 30psi and have the kids shake it for a minute or 2. Voila -- tasty.

Also I found that if i take unsweetened apple juice (99 cents at wal-mart) then add a half cup of sugar and hit it with carbonation it comes out tasking slightly like martinelli's at a price that is considerably less expensive.

But I'm looking for something more "natural" without much water. Making a real sparkling juice (around 15-20% water).
It's much simpler if you just add bread yeast to the original plastic juice jug for a few hours (always 80 degrees here) enough to bulge the jug but not enough to create noticeable alcohol. Then I fridge a few hours before opening it. Sublime, altho maybe better with 20% water.

Please try with crangrape first with a LOT of yeast, which is much more bulletproof than just cran or just grape or apple or those mutant juices like "all natural" cran which is spiked with cheap fillers like pear. No need for ANY sugar, whether by the juice company or you. Minimize time with the top open to a few seconds because competing bugs probably get in.

Ignore intuition and try absolutely massive amounts of BREAD yeast, which is needed to take decisive bubbly control from competition, rather than drift in a sour alcoholly direction. I have never had a plastic jug burst or pop a top in hundreds of times.

I do this with apple juice. The kids love it. I bought a carbonator cap and will fill up a 2L bottle with the juice and get it pretty chill.

I'll hit it with 30psi and have the kids shake it for a minute or 2. Voila -- tasty.

Also I found that if i take unsweetened apple juice (99 cents at wal-mart) then add a half cup of sugar and hit it with carbonation it comes out tasking slightly like martinelli's at a price that is considerably less expensive.

This is my approach also except I use 1 liter bottles. Very easy, no yeast taste, and extremely inexpensive except for the juice itself.

Back