Sparging with distilled in Bru'n Water...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorn_bird

Reaction score
In the older version I had, I was able to put the entire preboil volume under "Mash" on the Water Adjustment page and then put my actual mash volume under a "Mash Water Volume" box giving me the correct Water to grist ratio...

I typically calculated the total amount of each mineral and then found the appropriate ratios based on total volume - mash volume. I add the appropriate portion to the mash, sparge with distilled, and add the remaining to the kettle pre boil.

Now it seems in the current paid (donor) version, this is no longer the case, and I'm not sure how I can achieve this. The separate mash water volume box is no longer on the grain bill input page, so it pulls the number from the water adjustment page...

So, if I'm sparging with distilled, is there a way to indicate that on Bru'n water? I feel like it's something easy that I'm missing and I haven't even had a beer! Maybe that's the issue...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Back