Spacing for BG14 burners and keggle's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Czechxpress

Reaction score
I'm building a single tier stand with BG14 burners. My current design has 12" gaps to fit the burners, 2 " wide steel, so 16" for the square itself, so 2" on each side for the keg to sit on....

Why do some people have 18", 14", 13 " inch gaps for the same burner???

The bottom of a standard Sanke Keg is just under 16". I'm not having any cross bars installed just two parallel bars...

Any help to stop wondering would be great!!

Depends on how you want to do it. Or if you are planning on upping the size of your pots later.

Bump...bump...bump it up!!! I am right smack in the middle of this mother loving project and I am in the same mother loving project!!! Also how far do people mount the bg-14 below the keggle/kettle? I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW!

Jeeze, switch to decaf already! :)

Blichmann puts their pot rests just under 3 inches above the bg14 burner tips.
I have often read of keggle users making that space closer to 4 inches...

Cheers!

I first tried at 2 1/2 and it didn't work. Adjusted Mine to 4 and it's perfect! Just do it!

My preference was the other way around. Mounted the burner so it's 1.5" below the cross beams. Add the additional 1" difference between the convex bottom and the bottom of the keggle skirt and I'm at 2.5" total. Quite happy with that setup. Seemed like when I had it mounted lower it was less efficient but I'm not an engineer.

3-4" should be fine. I use a piece of 4x4 lumber (actual size 3.5") as a spacer when I make my stands. My buddy does 4" I think.

i have my burners on brackets so i can range from 2 inches below the kettle to almost 6, if your are early enough in the project it may be something to consider. i use direct fire for mash so i actually have that burner set lower to be a little more subtle compared to the hlt or bk

i have my burners on brackets so i can range from 2 inches below the kettle to almost 6, if your are early enough in the project it may be something to consider. i use direct fire for mash so i actually have that burner set lower to be a little more subtle compared to the hlt or bk

Probably moot by now, but I suspect Luckyr would have liked to know what type of vessels you use and what is your best burner spacing...

Cheers!

Probably moot by now, but I suspect Luckyr would have liked to know what type of vessels you use and what is your best burner spacing...

Cheers!

should have said keggles * but either way its better to have the adjustment and no need for it then vice versa imo.

Back