Southern WI Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanvlack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a line and say Hi. I'm pretty new to brewing (three batches under the belt, and a fourth just started last night!).

Due to my undying love of beer, this past Christmas my fiancee bought me a brewing kit. I started my journey with a John Bull English Bitter (fully hopped extract), which turned out great! Then onto a German Wheat (extract, steeping grain and loose hop pellets), which turned out decently, but not as well as I had expected. Our last brew was a Honey Ale (2lbs of clover, extract and cascade hops). It started out very bitter and hoppy, but ended up mellowing wonderfully after about 4 weeks in the bottle.

Our latest brew is basically a cross between the two, a Honey Wheat Ale, which is in primary as we speak. Anyway, glad to be here and hope to learn a bunch from the forum.

-Chris

I did a wheat beer kit as well, except I used Wyeast 3068 to give it that nice "bubblegummy" taste.

Welcome to the addiction. Cheeseheads are well represented here. Make yourself at home, learn, and make great beer.

Well hello there! I agree with Short Drive there are alot of great people here with a lot of information. I too started out with a total extract beers and agree that they can be very good. Make sure you keep an eye on the local gathering section since a few of us like to get together for a brew or just a couple of drinks.

Welcome to HBT! You're in the right place if your goal is to make great beer. I started last november, and am amazed at the progression in quality in such a short time. The people here are the greatest brewing resource that you will find. Use the search and use it often, there is not much that you won't have answered with a quick search!
Keep brewin'

Latest posts

Back