Southern Illinoisian here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StillsNMash

Reaction score
Hi. Chose to join to gain some knowledge and satisfy a curiosity in brewing. Have zero experience brewing anything at all. Curious about learning the art, already have some basic supplies. Now to start school. . . . See ys 'round.

Stills.

Welcome to the addicting hobby.

Salulki alumuns here, been brewing since the mid 80's and I am still learning/honing my skills.

Welcome... mom and dad are Saluki alums, and my mom grew up near Harrisburg.

This is a great forum, and brewing is a fantastic hobby.

Hi Saluki's!! I'm specifically in the Bridgeport/Lawrenceville illinois area - absolutely NOWHERE USA! Anyone close to that? Wouldn't mind having a warm blooded friend to share laughs and experience with. I also am a transplant from South Carolina, been here almost 14 years.

Your a true Southern Illinoisian, I consider Southern Illinois anything south of Effingham. Since I live in the Chicago suburbs when I meet someone who lives south of Kankakee, they claim that they live in "Southern Illinois" which they really mean south of the Chicago land area.

You might want to search for local homebrew clubs to share your hobby and beer with locally.

Hi Saluki's!! I'm specifically in the Bridgeport/Lawrenceville illinois area - absolutely NOWHERE USA! Anyone close to that? Wouldn't mind having a warm blooded friend to share laughs and experience with. I also am a transplant from South Carolina, been here almost 14 years.
Close! Indiana here. Twelve miles west of Petersburg. I'm in Vincennes all the time.

I'm in Metropolis.
That's near Mound City. My great great confederate grandfather died there during the civil war when he was defending Fort Donaldson and captured by Grant forces as he was getting to Nashville. Is there any monuments for that prison camp or is it mostly forgotten history?

That's near Mound City. My great great confederate grandfather died there during the civil war when he was defending Fort Donaldson and captured by Grant forces as he was getting to Nashville. Is there any monuments for that prison camp or is it mostly forgotten history?

I'm not familiar with Fort Donaldson. Fort Massac is here and there is a encampment every year with cannons and whatnot. I know there is some interesting history here.

I'm not familiar with Fort Donaldson. Fort Massac is here and there is a encampment every year with cannons and whatnot. I know there is some interesting history here.
Fort Donelson was in Tennessee on the cumberland river that Grant was travelling up to take Nashville. When all the other commanders and troops fled the fort, my family was one of the few that stayed to stand against Grant's forces. He was taken captive and transported to the prison camp at Mound City where he passed away I think from pneumonia.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/civil-war/battles/fort-donelson

Back