Source for Oak Carboy peg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jds

Reaction score
Hey gang. I'm fixing to brew with Velotech on 10-10, and I'm cooking up a Flanders red for my own personal 10-10-10 beer. I have everything I need, including a packet of Wyeast's Roselare blend, which I was lucky enough to uncover at the LHBS.

All is well, except I haven't located an oak peg for the tertiary ferment*. I know excellent results have been had using a turned oak chair leg per Raj Apte's work, but cannibalizing the dining table wouldn't go over well with SWMBO.

So, where's a good place to get one of these beasts online?

Another option I have heard of is to use a drilled stopper with a smaller 1/2 or 3/4 inch oak dowel and additional oak chips, of which I have plenty. Anybody have experience with this method?

* Yep, tertiary ferment. Primary will be Jamil Z's grain bill with S-05, secondary will be with an added quart of concentrated Montmorency cherry juice, and the tertiary will be in a carboy with the Roselare.

Back