Sour Swap #3: Funkadelic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_hearted

Reaction score
This is a Sour/Wild beer swap only!

Consider local/regional beers if you have access, but there are no firm limitations on what you can send other than it must be a sour/wild beer.

Here are the rules for the swap
- Total volume minimum is 88 oz of sour beer.
-Sour beer only. These beers should have souring yeasts/bacteria such as Lactobacillus, Brettanomyces, acetobacter or Pediococcus. 100% Brett beers are fine.
- Extra beer, brewery swag, homebrew, or other weird regional staples are optional but encouraged. This is a very generous crowd so don't be surprised if you receive a ton of extra beer!
- While you don't need to send local beer, it is highly encouraged to check www.seekabrew.com to see what is distributed to your recipient's locale. Its always nice to try something new!
-PM me your tracking info when shipped!

- You are to ship your box BY July 21st. (I will have you your address by June 30th). -PM me your tracking info when shipped!
- 100 post minimum to be eligible.

NEW MEMBER CLAUSE:
- I will allow 3 exemptions to this so as to allow some newer members entry. However, if you are one of the 3 under the 100 post minimum you will be expected to ship first. The member with your address will not ship until we have word that your package has landed safely. (If you are shipping to someone with over 100 posts you will ship as soon as you have your package ready, like normal)

To get in on the goods!:
Send me a PM that you would like to join or fill out this google form. I will respond to you with a link to fill out a google form with your shipping info. Shazaam, you’re in. I will keep all your info private (aside from the dude/lady shipping to you).

I am not going to cap this swap. I will give it a week and then I will designate who you are shipping to. After that point, I will take new people on a after that point and can arrange for a 3 way swap if someone agrees to.

Once I have my list of who ships where, I'll pm each person their address. Keep this secret, it'll make it more fun! You will then be expected to ship your beer, abiding by the rules above. Please pm me your tracking number when shipped. We will all post our awesome hauls when received and enjoy!

Also, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback and don't forget to post pics of your beer!

The forum is not responsible for anyone that abuses this swap, we all take equal risk in participating. Any and all deadbeats who do not ship beer will be sentenced to run the stone gauntlet and will be handed over to the mods for proper shaming.

Shipping
If you're new to shipping "yeast samples", please inquire here. There is a lot of collective knowledge on how to ship with ease. Individually wrap each bottle in bubble wrap, make sure there's no glass on glass action, everything should be immobilized, everything should be put into a thick garbage/compactor bag to contain any spills if beer should break. Don't ship with USPS.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Roster:
Two_Hearted
MedicMang
Indytruks138
tripplehazzard
DarthCitra
abeasst
johnnyhitch1
absoluthamm
jmcm_brew
xpertskir
Canti4341

Yes sir, doing another sour swap on talkbeer at the same time, but never enough new sours to try. PM coming your way, thanks again for organizing!

Oh and FYI, whoever gets a box from Ardy you will be bombed, dude destroyed my porch last time!!!

I'm in - I'll fill in the google doc tonight (drive doesn't work on my work comp).

Figured I might as well join in, just did a quick look through and without even going to the store, I have 110oz that is IL and Wisconsin only, so as long as I'm outside of that area(which I better be, lol), I should be able to hit someone pretty well. Obviously there will be more than that 110oz, that's just my starting point ;)

Figured I might as well join in, just did a quick look through and without even going to the store, I have 110oz that is IL and Wisconsin only, so as long as I'm outside of that area(which I better be, lol), I should be able to hit someone pretty well. Obviously there will be more than that 110oz, that's just my starting point ;)

Holy hell, you have that much sour funkness laying around?! the most ive ever had was two bottles at one time! lol
<---Noob!:drunk:

Holy hell, you have that much sour funkness laying around?! the most ive ever had was two bottles at one time! lol
<---Noob!:drunk:

Don't worry, it'll start to build up. I probably have thousands of ounces of funk laying around and haven't been trading that long.

Quick count just showed probably around 1800oz of sours in my cellar, lol. Not including probably the other 200oz on it's way to me right now.

Damn!!!! Ive never been able to keep that much without drinking it as i collect. I want to be like you when i grow up! lol :rockin:

A year ago I had no cellar... now I'm at 175-200 bottles. Kind of a curse, lol.

Thats CRAZY!
Hope you have a good job and not blowing your mortgage!

3 years 125 bottles for me. In and out of course, most i had was 150
Ive shifted from sitting stouts to laying down sours, so much better turnaround.
IMO 95% of stouts, BA, anything over 10% should be drank fresh, i rarely get a non sour beer that i say, "man im glad i sat this down"

Thats CRAZY!
Hope you have a good job and not blowing your mortgage!

3 years 125 bottles for me. In and out of course, most i had was 150
Ive shifted from sitting stouts to laying down sours, so much better turnaround.
IMO 95% of stouts, BA, anything over 10% should be drank fresh, i rarely get a non sour beer that i say, "man im glad i sat this down"

Lol, yea I have a good job. I guess I did have maybe 20 bottles when I started, some were things like big IPAs and DIPAs though that I wouldn't consider in the cellar by my standards today.

For me when it comes to those stouts, I usually try to get at least two, one for now, one for later... I've not yet been disappointed with a properly aged beer *knock on wood*

Hoping to be in on this. I'm gonna wait and see how I fair on some releases this weekend before I commit. If all goes well someone will be very happy.

I know I said in the other thread that I was gonna sit out but I'm strongly considering getting in again. There's been a few new local sours released lately that I'd love to share. I'll commit one way or another tomorrow.

Sent from my Commodore64

Whoever is gonna ship to me, please wait until the LAST day! Otherwise it'll be sitting on my porch for two weeks until I get back.

I already have 108oz of sours ready to ship, most all are local, only one out of my distro. Looking to pick up one more before I ship, and maybe find some swag to send, or a couple non-sour bottles to fill the shipper.

By the way Blizzard, did you try the homebrew from the last swap yet??

TD

Whoever is gonna ship to me, please wait until the LAST day! Otherwise it'll be sitting on my porch for two weeks until I get back.

I already have 108oz of sours ready to ship, most all are local, only one out of my distro. Looking to pick up one more before I ship, and maybe find some swag to send, or a couple non-sour bottles to fill the shipper.

By the way Blizzard, did you try the homebrew from the last swap yet??

TD

Whomever is getting trickydick's is in for a treat! :rockin: Hopefully they disclose if we are picked to send to you, that would suck if bottles sat on the porch for a few hours let alone two weeks!

Whomever is getting trickydick's is in for a treat! :rockin: Hopefully they disclose if we are picked to send to you, that would suck if bottles sat on the porch for a few hours let alone two weeks!

As of right now, he's the only FL person in, so if you get a guy named Rich/Richard/Dick/Rick(just assuming ;)) and he's from Florida, wait on sending.

Hoping to be in on this. I'm gonna wait and see how I fair on some releases this weekend before I commit. If all goes well someone will be very happy.

Well the de Garde beers I was hoping to send are a no go, sold out in hours... Will have to see what I can get at the other release...

Well the de Garde beers I was hoping to send are a no go, sold out in hours... Will have to see what I can get at the other release...

They were stupid starting it at a case limit. Not sure what they thought would happen with only 300-400 bottles each...

Well, had big plans to go to the Block 15 release tomorrow and then hit up de Garde for some draft and Lee Kriek... My '08 Armada decided to randomly dump it's tranny half way back to Redmond from the Deschutes anniversary party so looks like that's not gonna happen. FML, not a good weekend for beer luck.... Sorry guys gonna have to sit this one out instead of sending a ****ty half assed box. :(

Well, had big plans to go to the Block 15 release tomorrow and then hit up de Garde for some draft and Lee Kriek... My '08 Armada decided to randomly dump it's tranny half way back to Redmond from the Deschutes anniversary party so looks like that's not gonna happen. FML, not a good weekend for beer luck.... Sorry guys gonna have to sit this one out instead of sending a ****ty half assed box. :(

Everyone that is in the swap should be a greatly saddened by this post due to the possibility that you could have been Ardys recipient... I know I am, lol

Everyone that is in the swap should be a greatly saddened by this post due to the possibility that you could have been Ardys recipient... I know I am, lol

That and the fact that these treasures were a mere couple hour drives to pick up. But of course since its Friday night nothing will happen until Monday morning. #bitterbeerface

That and the fact that these treasures were a mere couple hour drives to pick up. But of course since its Friday night nothing will happen until Monday morning. #bitterbeerface

Very true, not to mention they are even *gasp* reasonable in their price... Many De Garde only ~$9... What you can get for $9 and what I can get for $9 are vastly different!
#jealous

I'm just glad I got my split De Garde society membership, really looking forward to Q4 2015...

Need to pickup 2 more bottles. It seems I drank one I had intended for my box. Otherwise I'm ready to ship and plan to have my box in the mail by the end of the week.

Assignments come out on the 1st?

TD

Need to pickup 2 more bottles. It seems I drank one I had intended for my box. Otherwise I'm ready to ship and plan to have my box in the mail by the end of the week.

Assignments come out on the 1st?

TD
Nice work! ! So far I have only four bombers and some funky azz home brew I'm sending. . But the collection will grow

Back