Sorraci ace hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey401

Reaction score
Doing inventory,I've noticed an abundance of Sorraci ace hops.. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

SMASH, 12# 2 row, 1oz @60 1@40 1@20 1@10 1@dry

I use an ounce in the last 10min of my hefeweizen. Add a really nice touch.

I have tons of Sorachi Ace at home. Keep in mind that it is very lemony. I have found that a small amount of SA at the end of the boil in an IPA can really help all the fruit flavors pop (same reason citric acid is often added to ciders) I bet they would also work extremely well as a finishing hop in a wheat or fruit beer. Brooklyn Brew Co makes a beer called, "sorachi ace" that is a hoppy sasion done with 100% SA or at least very close to 100% Its fantastic.

Hard to find a reliable recipe for Brooklyn sorachi ace, plus they bottle with champagne yeast.

Dec 2011 BYO had a recipe for Sorachi Ace, but also printed somewhere in a HBT thread. I don't know if it had brewery input or was a clone attempt. It uses a half pound with 5 oz of that at flameout.

I'm sitting on a half pound. I used a few in a saison once blended with others with a resultant Lemon Pledge character coming through. I love Brooklyn Brewery's Sprachi Ace beer though, so eventually I'll brew that recipe or relegate them to bittering hops only.

I have tons of Sorachi Ace at home. Keep in mind that it is very lemony. I have found that a small amount of SA at the end of the boil in an IPA can really help all the fruit flavors pop (same reason citric acid is often added to ciders) I bet they would also work extremely well as a finishing hop in a wheat or fruit beer. Brooklyn Brew Co makes a beer called, "sorachi ace" that is a hoppy sasion done with 100% SA or at least very close to 100% Its fantastic.

I freaking love BB's Sorachi Ace Saison. It is in my top 5 favourite beers.
I just brewed a Pale Ale with SA hops as an experiment. Can't wait to taste it.
FWIW I think that BB's Sorachi Ace uses SA and Perle hops. But what I love about it is the champagne yeast!

100% wheat
OG 1.038
50ibu,all but 15ibu in the last 20 mins,wicked lemon revenge

6# 2 row
5# Red wheat
0.5# honey malt
1.2# flaked oats

1 OZ Hallertauer at 60
.25 oz SA at 10 with 1 oz ground coriander

It comes out sweet honey and lemony, perfect summer brew that the ladies go bat **** crazy over.

EZ. Sounds good, I was considering a summer wheat, that's on my brew list now:)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have a Brooklyn SA kinda clone in bottles right now... Used half pound hops in a five gallon batch.

Came out pretty good.

10 lbs Pilsner

1 lb corn sugar

.5 oz at 60

.5 oz at 20

5 oz whirlpool

2 oz dry hop

Fermented with Wyeast Belgian Abbey strain. Recipe originally called for white labs Trappist tho...

Found the recipe online and it said it was the one out of the BYO magazine.

Drinking a really good saison I brewed with all Sorachi Ace and Belle Saison yeast. I think they are perfect for this style, but want to try them in an APA. For everyone that wants rid of them, I'll send you my address.

Latest posts

Back