California Sonoma SF area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All,

Ill be in Sonoma for a week in January...been to RR many times, and plan to go back. Last time we hit Laguntas as well....but what else in the area is worth the visit?

Fogbelt and Henhouse are worth stopping by if you're going to Santa Rosa

Definitely Henhouse and Cooperage, and if you're into sour/wilds check out Woodfour and Shady Oak Barrel House. Also don't miss Fieldwork, either the Napa location or the original Berkeley spot. If you end up all the way down in SF, you have to go to Cellarmaker.

Enjoy the trip!

i'm a big fan of bear republic. if you are into wine at all it is worth detouring up dry creek valley and visiting vml and porter creek wineries, then finish up in healdsburg at bear republic.

If you make it into SF, Cellarmaker Brewing kills most hoppy styles and their big stouts rock.

going mostly for the wine! just want to mix it up :)

same as we did then. not sure what your tastes run to, or how much you like spending, but in the heat of september, we also really enjoyed deerfield ranch winery http://www.deerfieldranch.com/

good wines at reasonable prices, and the tasting room is deep in their wine storage caves (like 100's of yards deep), and it's a pretty cool place. The server there was very knowledgeable too.

If you make it to Berkeley check out Rare Barrel, if you like sours. Also check our Beer Revolution in Oakland if you are looking for 30+ beers on tap......

thanks all! hit Russian river in Santa Rosa, finally made it to Bear Republic, old readwood brewing was right near where i was staying as is St Florians (the better of the 2 in my mind). cooperage looked promising, but was just getting going, but the standout (in my mind) was woodfour in sebastapol.

Back