Something Died in Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyPowers55

Reaction score
This is just a theoretical situation. This definitely did not happen to me. Let's say you went to grab your kettle on brew day and noticed a small critter crawled in there and decided that this life was not worth living. How would you clean such a mess? Is it enough to rinse, fill with water and boil, and sanitize? Remember this is all theoretical and it definitely didn't happen to me on brew day.

Thanks.:mug:

Clean it real good, a little Bar Keepers friend, maybe a little star sans, rinse real good, give it a boil, then go about your brew day.

Rat Funk Pale Ale?

That's funny stuff. That being said, brew day has been postponed. It got dark outside really early today.

Oh and I boiled the water first then I will clean with the aforementioned cleaners. I hope that is ok.

That's funny stuff. That being said, brew day has been postponed. It got dark outside really early today.

Oh and I boiled the water first then I will clean with the aforementioned cleaners. I hope that is ok.

You mean you would have done that had this actually occurred to you, since it clearly did not, correct? Also, yes, that should be fine.

Better your brew kettle than your glass fermenter.....I think there are a couple of threads about that happening. Yuck!

Save the little bastard for a dry hop!

(I keep lids on all my buckets, stoppers on carboys, etc. so far worst I've seen is an occasional spider).

you couldn't of put this in the thread where a guys cat shiz in his kettle?.......

I though your brew smelt real bad from the title lol....

Starsan would be pointless. Boil a bunch of water in it after cleaning it using PBW and hot water. Boiling = sterilized. Starsan = sanitized. Sterilized > sanitized.

Store your stuff upside down.

Back