Somersby's cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLTIDE

Reaction score
Has anyone nailed the recipe yet? My swmbo is pretty picky and I'm getting sick of drinking cider trying to replicate it :tank:

hey guys,

its been a year since the last post on this threat. has anyone figured it out yet. sure like to know.

I'd guess somewhere around 1.020, beyond that, I've got nuthin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I was wrong. Some friends brought over a can and I hydro'd a sample while I had a drink. 1.032 in Ontario, Canada, just in case there are regional variations.

I had to stop trying, got relocated and my new space doesn't allow me the luxury of a brew station. A few things for the record, one : I hear through the grapevine that Somersby is dead,. So, if you can find it, scarf it up for comparisons to our attempts. Secondly, I do believe that without added flavor concentrates, this is going to be difficult to replicate....or you can try making your own juice from apples better suited for hard cider, all of the pre-made juices just aren't cutting it.

In my area I think the reports of somersby's death is greatly exaggerated. This year I just saw two new flavours of their cider: Citrus and berry.

Back