Somebody's hungry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADMAD

Reaction score
Just finished my daily visit to the hop garden and discovered somebody is hungry. I found a 1/2 dozen cascade cones that look as if they have been gnawed on. Any ideas on who the uninvited dinner might be?

20140809_163148_Android.jpg

Just finished my daily visit to the hop garden and discovered somebody is hungry. I found a 1/2 dozen cascade cones that look as if they have been gnawed on. Any ideas on who the uninvited dinner might be?

I've seen this exact same thing in the past week or so. Don't think it can be squirrels as some of the of marks are too small. Also, I don't think my twine would support something as big as a squirrel.

I definitely want to find out the answer to this too. Will post pics, particularly if I catch something red-handed. Just hope it isn't something nocturnal, which would make finding it more difficult.

While I haven't seen that on my hops, from my veggie gardening experience the damage pattern suggests caterpillars or slugs...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back