Some Tilt fermentation data for different dry yeasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beernutz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My Tilt Bluetooth hydrometer saves readings to a csv log file on a RPi running Tiltpi and I thought it might be interesting to see a cumulative chart of my last 3 10-gallon fermentations. The 34/70 was brewed Sunday so it has a ways to go but, behold for your amusement:

FWIW, the 34/70 is in a Brewing Classic Styles Vienna lager recipe except it has 80 IBU of Simcoe (so a Vienna India Pale Lager?) and I pitched 3 rehydrated packets.

The Munich Wheat was in a Dunkleweizen recipe (also from BCS), and the US-05 was in a pale ale--both were 2 packets each and pitched directly without rehydration.

All batches were aerated using a DIY Venturi aerator on the end of the tubing into the fermenter though which wort is pumped via Chugger.

The x-axis is Days if that isn't obv from the title and readings were taken every 15 minutes.

tTTxL6G.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I think this would be a good idea for a thread on how the different yeasts perform, with as much supplementary info as possible

Here is my most recent ferment with k97. one packet dry pitched into 21l of 10.48 wort. 83% AA. A golden ale with a hochkurz mash .notice the 24 hour lag period with this yeast that others have mentioned too. There was a couple of temperature changes during the ferment which is why it slowed a little, then sped up. Also the spindle reads 0.002 points high

tDMi4hT.png

My current brew with the Saflager 34/70 is either stuck at 1.021 or my Tilt is wonky, hopefully the latter since I can recalibrate the Tilt.

Edit: I took a manual hydrometer reading and got 1.020, the same reading the Tilt is showing. So my Tilt appears to be accurate but my FG is higher than expected.
Tilt_Yeast_Chart2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back