Soggy Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinnythering

Reaction score
I am planning a double batch later this week and decided, because the weather is going to be getting much warmer, that my immersion chiller/pond pump combination would be the better way to go to chill them. I am tired of overpaying for ice to do this, so I decided to freeze three 16 qt bins full of water in my beer fridge in the garage. I knew they would fit, but that I needed to place two far to the left so the third could be placed firmly across them to be held up properly. While I got the first two in without trouble, I was less focused on the placement as I was that I'm weak and the fridge is tall, so I failed to move them over to the left before bringing out the third. After getting it up on top of the other two, I realized my mistake and attempted to balance it on one end while moving the two full bins underneath to the left with my free hand. Of course, my hand slipped, the bin flexed and dropped into one of the other bins, spilling about two gallons of water THROUGH the freezer, into the fridge below, all over the floor, and down my shirt and pants. I spent the next 30 minutes cleaning it up and blowing the air compressor through the fridge to fix my mistake.

Yeah, I won't be doing that again.

Latest posts

Back