Software recipe finder based on what one has at hand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trusty

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there exists software (for mobile or desktop - or both), where one can input the ingredients one has at hand. Let's say that I have 10 different hops, 6 different malts and 5 types of yeast. Once I have selected these from an inventory list in the software, and indicated the quantities I have, the software would then provide a list of recipes I could choose from.

And if for example I had Mangrove Jack's craft series yeasts, and none of the recipes that otherwise fitted with my ingredients used Mangrove Jacks yeast, it would recommend the best substitute for whatever each selected recipe had.

Hopefully I was able to explain well enough what I am looking for....

I never heard about an existing software doing that. Should be possible to programm, one would have to create a database with the recipes. The names for malts etc would have to be standardized.

About the mangrove jack yeast, i would just choose what fits best for the style you want to brew. Maybe search online if someone has already brewed with the paticular yeast.

Cheers!

iBrewMaster and, I think, BeerSmith allow you keep track of your inventory and then deduct the ingredients for a recipe from the inventory when you brew.

iBrewMaster also let's you build a shopping list of items you're missing from a recipe.

However, I've not seen the functionally you're looking for explicitly.

Back