Soda Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingPin

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but my forum google-fu is a little weak....... I'm looking for a source on Soda Kegs, for forced carbination, in western Canada or Southern Alberta. I've found a few on E-bay but they are well over 100$ for reconditioned kegs. There are also a few more around but they are also pricey.

Would coke / pepsi bottlers re-sell their kegs?

The soda industry doesn't use them anymore so they are getting harder and harder to find. Keep checking ebay and the various brewing vendors (morebeer, Austin Hombrew, Rebel Brewer, etc.)

do you know if these places would ship, at a reasonable price, to Canada? That seems to be my biggest hurdle right now. I will be headed to Great falls montana at the end of the month maybe I'll see if there is a LHBS there that might have them.........

allot of places ship but as soon as you cross that imaginary line the price more then doubles!! alot of border towns have warehouses that will hold thing for pickup for like a 5 dollar charge. don't know how close to the border you are but its an option.

My in-laws live in Cardston and they frequently use a service in Babb where they have things delivered with US shipping. I'll see if I can find some more information for you.
There's also a guy in Idaho Falls, straight down I-15 if you're up for a 12hr drive or have cause to drive through there. He has some in stock for $32.

But then either of those two scenarios will require some import duties at the border, I believe.

Thanks for this. I've thought of using a service in SweetGrass Mt called At The Border Storage. For about 5$ a week they will accept delivery of your packages for you. I was really hoping to find something locally as well.

I am headed to Great Falls MT at the end of March and am going to drop in the LHBS there and see what I can find (there is also a few beer breweries there too).

I am going to check out the links provided here as well if I cant find anything in MT.

Thanks again for the information!

My in-laws live in Cardston and they frequently use a service in Babb where they have things delivered with US shipping. I'll see if I can find some more information for you.
There's also a guy in Idaho Falls, straight down I-15 if you're up for a 12hr drive or have cause to drive through there. He has some in stock for $32.

But then either of those two scenarios will require some import duties at the border, I believe.

I called my local pepsi bottler again - Got ahold of a nice guy who said we'd be able to get some kegs on Monday. Lets see whats going.

I'm fairly excited -- The guys at Pepsi are so much nicer than the coke guys were....I guess thats the reason I prefer pepsi over coke :)

Latest posts

Back