Soaking oak cubes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaner1082

Reaction score
I'm planning a honey bourbon barrel wheat beer, has anybody use a honey bourbon to soak oak chips before?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Never Honey Bourbon. But it can't be any different than straight bourbon. Fill a container with wood chips and then Bourbon and seal it up. I let the chips soak for a few weeks.
Have fun Sounds good.

Never Honey Bourbon. But it can't be any different than straight bourbon. Fill a container with wood chips and then Bourbon and seal it up. I let the chips soak for a few weeks.
Have fun Sounds good.

I was just wondering cause it's a more viscus bourbon, will that honey soak up? Just to get a little more sweetness out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Let'em soak in an airtight container from the time you pitch on the beer till it's ready. Then pour it all through a sanitized hop sack into secondary,tie it up & drop it in. Rack the beer onto them,liquid & all. As the chips/cubes soak up the liquor,they give off wood flavors into the liquor.

Back