So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished brewing a Bell's inspired American Amber Ale. Tried before to clone it without much success so this time I won't be disappointed if it's not indistinguishable. Got my hands on Imperial A62 Bell's House Ale Yeast which I just pitched to 5 gallons of wort brewed using a modified Bell's clone recipe. Excited!

First attempt at a lager. Going to use the Brulosophy Vienna lager recipe from the Short and Shoddy series. Going to keep my lengthier brew process but use the warmer/shorter fermentation technique.
I'm liking the color [emoji4]
20190929_160317.jpeg

Just finished brewing a Bell's inspired American Amber Ale. Tried before to clone it without much success so this time I won't be disappointed if it's not indistinguishable. Got my hands on Imperial A62 Bell's House Ale Yeast which I just pitched to 5 gallons of wort brewed using a modified Bell's clone recipe. Excited!
Drank one tonight for the first time in a few years...forgot how much I love this brew. When I first had it, close to 10 years ago, I was so impressed by it's caramel flavor and thought it was one of the best beers I had ever tasted. I feel the same way tonight. Good luck with the clone!

Strata hops arrived in the mail on Tuesday, and a nice SMaSH is planned for this weekend. I hate being one of the "herd" and following the new trends, but this hop sounds fantastic (kinda like Mosaic a few years back). I do love my House IPA done with Mosaic but it's time to try something new. Will go with 14lbs of two row, bitter with 1oz at 60, with late additions of 1oz at 10 and 5, and a 2oz flameout/whirlpool. Will decide on the dry hop after a few days in primary. Hoping for something stellar.

Two batches on Saturday: west coast style dIPA with Nelson and a pale ale with cashmere.

I like ur style! [emoji482] what hop combos did u use?

In the double with Nelson, I used a 10ml hop shot and 1oz magnum for bittering. 2oz of Nelson in the whirlpool @ 170F and 2 x 3oz Nelson for dry hopping (likely day 5 and day 7).
For the pale ale, all whole hop cashmere with 1oz for bittering and 7oz in the whirlpool at 170F.
Cheers!

In the double with Nelson, I used a 10ml hop shot and 1oz magnum for bittering. 2oz of Nelson in the whirlpool @ 170F and 2 x 3oz Nelson for dry hopping (likely day 5 and day 7).
For the pale ale, all whole hop cashmere with 1oz for bittering and 7oz in the whirlpool at 170F.
Cheers!

Sounds delicious!

Looking at doing a sahti hopefully, but starting to get a backlog of beers, though...glad I can just give the pumpkin away!

Brewing a Neipa this weekend... maybe I'll post a brew log... if that's a thing in these parts...

Planning on a Munich Dunkel on Thursday or Friday.

Hey, when you are retired, most any day is the weekend.

So, I did my Munich Dunkel this afternoon. 1.054 and using 2 different yeasts: S-23 and S-189.

I'll see how it turns out.

Tomorrow's plans are for a batch of Spruce Tip Honey Amber Ale. It was a big hit around the holidays last year so a ten gallon batch should do this year. After Thanksgiving dinner I'll know if another batch is needed to last through the Winter.

Brewing my Pilsener Lager attempt. Trying to make it all the same as last recipe except using a new smack pick of Wyeast 2007 Pilsen Lager versus 2124 Bohemian Lager (on 4th propagation) to see if I can tell difference
Perfect weather 56-61F (especially since for chilling my hose water runs about air temperatures in Texas)

Second run with my new RIMS system tomorrow. The first attempt I milked too fine and stuck the mash scorching the wort

Brewing a “white IPA” which is basically my version of a hazy before hazy was a thing.

Attachments

• E954C52B-1E5F-4F2E-AFAC-E02C9257D010.jpeg
    E954C52B-1E5F-4F2E-AFAC-E02C9257D010.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 54
I was going to brew a Marzen this weekend but my LHBS didn't have a Wyeast, Imperial, White Labs or Omega strain for it (???).... I contacted the next closest LHBS, who will have the yeast transported from Philadelphia to NJ over night, and I'll pick it up in the morning.... the brew will be delayed until next weekend. I found a new LHBS, although a longer travel time, but at least they are accommodating.

I was going to brew a Marzen this weekend but my LHBS didn't have a Wyeast, Imperial, White Labs or Omega strain for it (???).... I contacted the next closest LHBS, who will have the yeast transported from Philadelphia to NJ over night, and I'll pick it up in the morning.... the brew will be delayed until next weekend. I found a new LHBS, although a longer travel time, but at least they are accommodating.

Any lager strain will do. Hardly any variation between them unlike ales.

Back