So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, ftr, I tried brewing a super hopped IPA with a friend of mine once (just to use up all these free hops I won). Long story short, after taking one look at the glass carboy fermenter we decided to name it "Swamp Thang." It was THAT green.

If you don't like it at first, DON'T DUMP IT! It cleared out after nearly a month. Sure it lost some hop character but it was actually a pretty solid beer!

14oz... That's it? muhahah

My last DIPA was 19.5oz for 5-gal... My friends couldn't stop raving about it... When I took that beer to a homebrew meet with a ton of people I never met before, I constantly was told how delicious it was. Many questions on how I pulled off what I did. The reception for that beer was the best to date. It was damn delicious, I will admit. The dry hop alone was 8oz, so you can imagine that aroma. The only "flaw" I had with the beer was the S-04 yeast, which I didn't care for.

My next DIPA after my lager-duo in process right now is at 20.5oz for 5-gal. It is primarily hop bursting for the whirlpool and a huge dry hop. Going with chico on this one to compare with the one above.

Note: I do buy my hops in bulk and trying to use up my 15' harvest supply so I can re-stock for 16' with the new stuff... So I don't mind going overboard with the hop rates.

Brewing my Munich Dunkel tomorrow and kegged my Vienna lager tonight. Can't wait for these in a few weeks!

14oz... That's it? muhahah

My last DIPA was 19.5oz for 5-gal... My friends couldn't stop raving about it... When I took that beer to a homebrew meet with a ton of people I never met before, I constantly was told how delicious it was. Many questions on how I pulled off what I did. The reception for that beer was the best to date. It was damn delicious, I will admit. The dry hop alone was 8oz, so you can imagine that aroma. The only "flaw" I had with the beer was the S-04 yeast, which I didn't care for.

My next DIPA after my lager-duo in process right now is at 20.5oz for 5-gal. It is primarily hop bursting for the whirlpool and a huge dry hop. Going with chico on this one to compare with the one above.

Note: I do buy my hops in bulk and trying to use up my 15' harvest supply so I can re-stock for 16' with the new stuff... So I don't mind going overboard with the hop rates.

Brewing my Munich Dunkel tomorrow and kegged my Vienna lager tonight. Can't wait for these in a few weeks!

That sounds good. The one I am doing is a regular IPA, not a DIPA. I will definitely keep in mind the 1# plus of hops when I do make a DIPA in the future.

Wow. Good luck with that. As a non-bitter hop fan, I think you have chosen wisely and wish you godspeed!

I like moderately bitter, but not over the top. I am going for mainly flavor and aroma. Hoping this turns out as good as I think it will.

Also, ftr, I tried brewing a super hopped IPA with a friend of mine once (just to use up all these free hops I won). Long story short, after taking one look at the glass carboy fermenter we decided to name it "Swamp Thang." It was THAT green.

If you don't like it at first, DON'T DUMP IT! It cleared out after nearly a month. Sure it lost some hop character but it was actually a pretty solid beer!

I will probably use muslin bags for the hops in the kettle, and then pour through a paint strainer bag into the bucket, as well as dry hop in a couple of muslin bags to try and keep it a little cleaner.

Wow. And I thought I was going " out there" when I used some 8.5ozs in my Cougar Country IPA? It tasted like Pliny crossed with the average commercial IPA. Damn good...but I'm humbled by these Zar Bomba hop bombs you guys have here!...

My DIPA had 16 oz before dry hop. Nugget, Zeus, Cascade, and Chinook. I'm nearing the end of it, and wish I made another batch.

Going to be brewing a Pliny The Elder Clone later today. Got a 2L starter of wlp-090 crashing in the fridge right now.

Trying semi-no-chill today intentionally (instead of falling asleep during a week night normal chill session and having to pitch the following evening). It is my house beer "Lawnmower RyePa" and of course I added a second wrinkle since I was out of Centennial and use Fuggles for flavor and aroma.

Helping a buddy who is also new to brewing with a Kolsch. By help I mean drink too much and give bad noob advice.

I'm wingin' it for an IPA tonight!
12 lbs 2 row, a pound of honey malt and a pound of caramel 60 with some Wakatu, Citra and Kohatu!!
CANT WAIT!

Just finished up my house APA. It's already bubbling away.

I did break a cardinal rule by staring to drink before mash out, but I have a good excuse.....it was hot out today. Regardless of rule breaking this will be a good beer. Mashed a bit higher that I have been so looking forward to seeing how much a couple degrees makes.

I just love sunday morning brew sessions! Started heating strike water a little before 5, got a huge pot of coffee going. should get this done by 10, then its off to the golf course!
Brewing a session ipa with my base recipe, using centennial, amarillo, magnum and wlp007 yeast. Should be tasty!

I just love sunday morning brew sessions! Started heating strike water a little before 5, got a huge pot of coffee going. should get this done by 10, then its off to the golf course!
Brewing a session ipa with my base recipe, using centennial, amarillo, magnum and wlp007 yeast. Should be tasty!

Brewing beer in the morning followed by a round golf (while drinking beers) sounds like a damned fine day! Nice

I brewed a Columbus/Citra IPA yesterday, 3 gal batch. Bittered with Apollo and fermenting with WLP 060. I had a ktausen within 2 hours using a 1.3L starter and my swamp cooler. Currently sitting waiting to get my oil changed and then off for 18 holes of fun before getting ready for date night. Gonna be a fun day

Brewed on Sunday night. 20 litres of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale.

Had to sub wheat for the cara-pils. My last blonde ale (almost gone!) is finally pouring pretty clear but it took a while. This time around I am going to cold crash with gelatin to see how much it helps.

SOunds good to me. Look at my user name and guess what my two hobbies are....

Ha! No waiting for the weekend for me. Brewing today. Gonna add a dark ale ( a wee bit O'chocolate malt) to the mix of Marris and some 80 crystal. Yum. It will be a nice tap option amongst the summer IPAs. Hmmmm maybe put it on nitro...

I plan to brew a yuengling clone... I hope I get the chance.

So I grew up in PA and we were raised on lager. We rarely refered to it as yuengling. I wonder if that's still the case?

Nothing beats a fresh lager. Now that I know a bit more about beer that sounds contradictory, but it's true.

Good luck with it!

I'll be making my first saison, hopefully bottling a Kolsch an maybe starting a batch of Ed Wort's Apple wine. That's pretty ambitious, but my wife and kids are both heading out of town and so far I have nothing on the honey do list other than mowing the lawn. That $@!! can wait there beer to make!

I will be "sorta" brewing this weekend, making about 2 gallons of concentrated starter wort. I'm debating whether to go through the entire mash and boil process, or just use more 2-row and go from the mash tun to the canning jars.. Meh

3 2L starters tonight for the weekend. WLP007, WLP090, and Wyeast3711 for 10G of my stout and 5G of a new Saison, respectively.

ill be transferring a trippel to secondary, then brewing some witbier to fill the empty fermenter. This time I am opening up the garage/brewery to the masses. Masses = guys from work. Should be a fun time full of beer, brewing, and cornhole.

So I grew up in PA and we were raised on lager. We rarely refered to it as yuengling. I wonder if that's still the case?

Oh I'm not sure, I've never had one. I found the recipe on Beersmith, but I have coworkers that love it, and we can't get it here in South Texas, so I figured I'd try it. What do they refer to it as?
And looks like this brew weekend is a go. I roped a co-worker into helping with the beer I'm brewing for him.

I'll be making my first saison, hopefully bottling a Kolsch an maybe starting a batch of Ed Wort's Apple wine.

I highly recommend Ed Wort's Apple wine. Super easy to get going, and easier to get gone.

I'm brewing an Oktoberfest for a festival October 3. I've already brewed 10 gallons for a party we have. The 10 gallons for the party was decocted but I'm skipping it for this batch.

I'll be making my first saison, hopefully bottling a Kolsch an maybe starting a batch of Ed Wort's Apple wine. That's pretty ambitious, but my wife and kids are both heading out of town and so far I have nothing on the honey do list other than mowing the lawn. That $@!! can wait there beer to make!

My LHBS was completely out of saison yeast! Bummer. So I ended up making a Belgian blonde, my first batch of Ed Wort's apple wine and I kept the second running of the Belgian for a half beer half cider concoction. I worked well for a wheat beer so I figured I'd try it again.

Going to do a Czech Pale Lager on Sunday...my first Lager. I'm also going to try and pick up 5 gal of free wort from the LHBS on Saturday, throw a pack of T-58 (fermenting warm since the lager will be going in the ferm chamber) at it and see what I get.

New equipment, new brew! Got my propane burner, 40L brew kettle, Blichmann brew gloves and my wheat beer ingredients ready to go.

It's going to be a warm and sunny one. Let's do this!:mug:

Latest posts

Back