So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be brewing an English IPA (via MO/EKG SMaSH) here in a few minutes. And then probably brew a Winter Warmer on Monday w/ cinnamon, allspice, clove, and nutmeg. I don't brew many spiced beers, and they never come out how I want, so hopefully this one's the charm.

Sat: 8 gallon blonde, which I will split and put vanilla coffee beans to the secondary of one half

Mon: wet hopped beer with my hop harvest. Any recipe suggestions? I have fresh hallertau and fresh cascade to work with

Going out to buy the ingredients, does that count? Scotch Ale for when it starts to get a bit colder, brewing it probably next weekend after I have a starter going.

I'm brewing a Breakfast Stout today.

3 Gallon Batch

Original Gravity - 1.068
IBUs - 31.2
SRM - 30.5
ABV - 7.2%

American 2 Row - 6lbs
Flaked Oats - 12.8 oz.
Roasted Barley - 6.4 oz.
Chocolate Malt - 6.4 oz.
Crystal 80L - 6.4 oz.
Cascade Hops - 1 oz (60 minutes)
Willamette Hops - 1 oz (5 minutes)
Safale US-05
Coffee - 2 cups cold brewed and strong added to secondary.

This will be my second time brewing a beer with a recipe that I developed. I'll let you know how it is in 6-8 weeks.

Double brew day today:

OktoberfestAle with Chico yeast
Dubbel with D-90 & Trappist yeast

Thinking about trying a 1 gallon batch extract brew similar to the one from basic brewing radio (15 min boil single hop ipa)

Just now finished a black citrus ipa.
9# light lme
1# golden dme
1/2# black prinz
1.5 oz Magnus 60
1oz cites 20 min
2oz cascade 10 min
2oz cascade flame out
2 tangelos pulverized in mesh bag 5 min after flame out
WL 001 & super san diego
See what happens

Doing a Black IPA kit from American Brewmaster right now. So happy that we actually got a good boil going on our glass stove top!

Starting back up again, after taking the summer off. 1st batch back was a simple AG Irish Red. Have 8 more batches planned before New years. Should put me at 50 batches total by March 2015.

Doing a scottish 80 that is semi my own recipe lol. Freaking so-cal weather has me brewing while it is only 99. hoping to get a 1060 beer that taste good. :eek:

I'll be doing a small gallon batch of a chocolate peanut butter & jelly stout and a 5 gallon batch of an India Red Ale today...after I do the yard work. :(

I'll be doing a small gallon batch of a chocolate peanut butter & jelly stout and a 5 gallon batch of an India Red Ale today...after I do the yard work. :(

How are you accomplishing the peanut butter and jelly flavors?

It's been a great Labor Day Brew-a-thon so far: Russian Imperial Stout Friday night, Pumpkin Ale Saturday morning, rest day today and possibly a Session IPA tomorrow morning if we're not "too rested."

Brewed version #3 of Heady Topper Clone today. Gonna brew something dark tomorrow.... probably with 1056 since I have a freshly harvested mason jar of yeast, and did not have time to get another starter going. Soooooo..... maybe an american brown or something simple like that. I will save porters/oatmeal stout for when I get my 1968 going.

Mish Mash Ale for Labor Day brew tomorrow.

Had to get rid of the remaining spring/ summer brew ingredients as an ode to fall.
Got a nice brown ale on tap for tomorrow.
Started out as a Pale Ale that got some Honey Malt, Biscuit and Victory added to 6.25# of Maris otter and 1# of US 2-row and half pound of Cr60.

Northern Brewer at 60 and 5 minutes.

May dry hop when I taste it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

15 gallons done including 5 gallons of ipa in the new fermenter ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409536260.355254.jpg

Dry hopping an IPA (will sit in a keg for secondary at room temperature).

Then making a starter for the hefeweizen I'm making tomorrow.

I didn't do my one gallon batch but I did do my India red ale. Pretty stoked on the results.
image.jpg

The supplies to brew version 2 of my dampfbier is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So hopefully this weekend I can get a PM brew in! Color & flavor should be spot on this time with grist & yeast changes.

getting a 4 days week-end:tank: planning to brew a 10 gallons batch of row 2 hill 56, and still trying to decide on an another batch.... maybe BM's oktoberfast...

The supplies to brew version 2 of my dampfbier is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So hopefully this weekend I can get a PM brew in! Color & flavor should be spot on this time with grist & yeast changes.

I did two Dampfbier brews as well. Both were really good beers!

This weekend is the Aletoberfest brew. A little late but oh well.

Back