So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting up tomorrow at about 5:30 AM to start heating up all my strike water. Doing four batches back to back to back to back. Should be fun, at least I have plenty of friends to help! It's their first time brewing, I'm hoping to get them hooked!

Making an ESB with all base malt (some toasted), nugget and willamette. Was pretty good last time.

American Honey Cream Ale Tomorrow-My first 5 Gallon Batch!
Willamette and Cascade hops instead of Saaz or Mt Hood as many prefer.

May use second runnings for an American Pale Ale-related beer with my new favorite-Summit! I'll steep some crystal 60 if i try it.

Also my first time using White Labs Yeast (WLP080-cream ale blend) and I'm wondering how that will turn out.
The APA will be using Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Yeast.

Since I've finally got a pretty good backlog in the pipeline, I can finally brew a beer that can age for a while. I've got a starter stepped up and chugging away to be put into a Barleywine this weekend. All grain #3. planning on a 90 min mash and 90 min boil.

Brewing batch #2 of my IPA, also testing out the new kettle which will allow me to sparge better.

Brewing my own wheat recipe. I do 1 gallon batches, so here are my numbers:

3:1:1 Wheat:Gambrinus ESB:Maris Otter
Wyeast 3333
1oz. Chinook - bitter (60m)
1/3 Citra (30)
1/3 Citra (15)
1/3 Citra (10)

Sacch rest at 156deg 80m, mash out 170 for 10.

OG:
FG: TBD

I want a limited hop character, which begs the question, "Why on Earth would you even consider Citra?" Answer: I have a lot of it in my freezer.

I'm actually in the boil right now. The real challenge will be if I got my water chemistry right. Won't know until August, I suppose.

Wyeast 3333
1/3 Citra (30)
1/3 Citra (15)
1/3 Citra (10)

OG:

I want a limited hop character, which begs the question, "Why on Earth would you even consider Citra?" Answer: I have a lot of it in my freezer.

I'm actually in the boil right now. The real challenge will be if I got my water chemistry right. Won't know until August, I suppose.

I will trade you some willamette for your citra :p

Wyeast 3333
1/3 Citra (30)
1/3 Citra (15)
1/3 Citra (10)

OG:

1oz of Chinook in a 1g batch? That's going to be really bitter...

Steeping grains for my "Cheap & Easy Dumb Blonde" as I type this... Oh - and I'm doing it in the garage in my new turkey fryer setup :)

Did a partial mash Imperial Stout last night. Hoping to let it age for a while. Its going to get some Oak and coca nibs in the future

Sunday morning, I will brew the latest version of my Dopplebock.

Munich, Pils, and some crystal to an OG of ~1.090, with Magnum for bittering and Hallertau for flavor/aroma.

A slurry of 34/70 lager yeast will do the heavy lifting in the primary, and after primary is over, a nice long, cold nap until the keg gets tapped in late September.

Bklmt2000

Brewing up my Irish Red Ale on Saturday. County fair home beverage competition is coming up soon!

Another IPA cooking now targeted OG 1.071 at 85% extract efficiency with 85 IBU. OG probably higher since improving the mash process. ;)

Bottling my SMaSH White Wheat and Cascade (Wyeast 3942). SWMBO said I can't brew this weekend, but then I remembered I have a Mr. Beer Kit sitting around (Corona clone), may as well just throw that in the fermenter on top of the 3942 yeast cake (add a little bit of brown sugar to the wort and some lemon zest) who knows what will happen :fro:.

PTE on the plate for tomorrow. Got my burners all checked, added some length to my immersion chiller,and keggles cleaned.

Here we have 5 gallons of gluten free stout, 5 gallons of amber, 5 gallons of IPA, and 3 gallons of pale ale. One big brewday. 18 gallons in a day!

image-2118330505.jpg

I didn't brew today but this is brew related. Today I bottled a batch of Barleywine that has been aging since December 2011. Nice smooth taste, very malty and rich. The alcohol is there but is a warming rather than a harsh alcohol presence. OG: 1.092 FG: 1.010

Brew buddy and i did up a BM blonde and a newcastle clone on saturday. also kegged up yoopers house pale ale and a bells two hearted.

Just finished up a back to basics pale ale. 2 row, Munich, Victory and a touch of wheat. Hop bursted and a hop stand with Cascade and Centennial.

Bottled my second batch ever. Magic Hat #9 extract clone half apricot, half blueberry. 28 (22oz.) sudsy's. Thanks to Mike @ DIY Brewing!

Latest posts

Back