So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done and done! :ban:

saison_17may2019.jpg

Grain milled and everything set up for an early brewday tomorrow. Decided to do 8lbs of pilsner with 2lbs of two row for a bit of color, with Saaz at 60, 30, and 15 for a nice light lager. Will ferment cold on some S-23 slurry that did a great job on its initial brew; I've found that this yeast does fantastic in the 2nd-3rd-4th generation. Sipping on some Bell's Two Hearted clone that continues to improve after a few weeks in the keg tonight. Is it morning yet????

Cellar is going to warm up soon, so hope tomorrow to brew the last cool fermented lager of the year. My plan is to use some top notch malts and S-189 yeast.

For 10-11 gallon batch, considering;

10# floor malted weyerman pils,
5# admiral 2 row
5# briess pilsner, or if I decide to get creative, the briess would be filler to to 20#

Heading for mid 30sIBU, maybe Amarillo first wort, Pearl 30 min boil, & a post boil hop step between BK and cooling with leaf hops, probably use Cascade, wort drained into hop step at around 180F, set for around 10-15 minutes, then cool while pumping to fermentor in cellar.

View attachment 627353
Brewed an American Stout today.
Took this pic after cleaning the system but forgot to take progress pics. [emoji20]
#NGD came over to brew with me and we had an awesome time! Thanks @NGD for your help! [emoji482]

Hey thanks for the invite. Thats a bitchin setup you have. Look forward to hearing how that stout turns out.

Sure hope to brew this weekend. I have two batches ground and ready to mash, and I am pretty sure they are the same (I had a brain bubble and measured out the same grist twice). Silver lining will let me use different yeasts for a change during identical fermentation schedules.

Working on a Saison (Std strength) with WLP546 (Marañón Canyon Wild Cacao) and Cashmere. The variable is the WLP546 having never used it before.

Hey folks,
This weekend started my first cider brew. 5 gallons treetop pressed juice
3 tspns yeast nutrient
And a champagne yeast.
It's bubbling just fine. I read conflicting things online though about the fermentation time. Some say it'll be done in 1-2 weeks, some say a couple of months. What say you, the message board heads? Also what kind of alcohol levels can i expect? Thank you!

I only have one beer on tap!!! How am I going to get through the holiday weekend!

Well, tomorrow I will be brewing the Citra, Mosaic, El Dorado IPA. In 2 weeks will be firing up a Cashmere Saison.

Brewed a batch of English bitter tonight; the one I was supposed to do last weekend. :rolleyes: Saturdays seldom seem to work, so I thought I'd see if Friday night did (and it does, barely, if I grind the malt the night before)

In the middle of a mash right now on this fine Memorial Day weekend! Brewing my Belgian Wit recipe with fresh orange peel and Indian coriander seeds. I also throw in some fresh crushed pepper corns and it is delish! Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

John

I am dusting off the Grainfather and plan to run a 2-Hearted clone this weekend. It's been a while so I need to refresh on the process and recipe mods needed to run in the GF. Hmmm...clearly I need to brew more often!!

Just pitched the yeast into my first attempt at a kettle sour made with Amarillo hops. What went into the fermenter already tastes amazing. I can hardly wait to see how this turn out!

This morning I started on a moderately odd experiment; a dark-ish, ordinary bitter with a lot of oats in it. Just after dough-in I was looking at it, thinking it looked pretty strange, when I realised I had forgotten to crush the grain. I guess it is going to be even more experimental than I had intended.

Latest posts

Back