So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't brew anymore. I'm pretty tore up about it. I'm just too lazy to bottle and I have too many full kegs for my keezer. 9 full 5 gallon cornies, roughly 120 bottled beers, and 6 fermenters ready to keg.

Can't brew anymore. I'm pretty tore up about it. I'm just too lazy to bottle and I have too many full kegs for my keezer. 9 full 5 gallon cornies, roughly 120 bottled beers, and 6 fermenters ready to keg.

Oh boo hoo hoo. :mad:

:p :D

I haven't brewed in almost 3 months. Hopefully getting a brew in this weekend. I have some yeast, a special helles strain that's going to expire soon. I have got to get a starter going today or tomorrow for a weekend brew. Thank goodness I have a few full kegs left.

Uh... sounds like you need to have a party my friend.

Actually this is a worry of mine, that I'll be more than I'll drink. Right now i have about 90 bombers ageing, with plans for another 6 gallons to add to that, but i keep on brewing beers that will age well. Time to brew some quick beers like an IPA.

Gonna try to make an irish red on Saturday night and an Irish stout in Sunday night.

Keg #1 - Brewers Best American Ale
Keg #2 - Brewers Best Kolsch
Keg #3 - Harpoon IPA
Keg #4 - DK Honey Ale (Midwest Honey Ale)
Primary #1- German Oktoberfest
Primary #2-
Secondary #1-Midwest Mexican creveza
Secondary #2-
Yeah I do kits!

Going to do Northern Brewer's Patersbier recipe. I made it in February and it's time to do it again.

It's a pretty remarkable recipe. It's just Pilsner and European hops and, if you were to ferment it with lager yeast, you'd get a simple Pilsner. The trick here is to ferment it with Trappist yeast (1214 for me) which produces an incredible amount of complexity for such a simple recipe.

I haven't had a free weekend this summer to brew :(

But . . . SWMBO is out of town next week. Might have to make a batch or two. :rockin:

I'm about to package up everything from the fermenters this evening. Looking like I'll be doing an experimental kristalweizen that I make up right before milling. Speaking of which, whipping up that starter this evening would likely be a good idea. Also thinking it's about time for another easy drinking yellow beer for my friends who are into that sort of thing.

Unless things get in the way I am going to finally get a brew or two in this weekend (so far the weekend is empty). Probably a stout and something more sessionable.

Also, How funnily do you think the people at costco will look at me if I go in and buy 14 gallons of apple juice and a 10 lb bag of sugar for Apfelwein? I am sick of running out and want to get the Apfelwein pipeline built back up again. Not to mention that longer term conditioning will be easier since my roomates drink the stuff like water.

Unless things get in the way I am going to finally get a brew or two in this weekend (so far the weekend is empty). Probably a stout and something more sessionable.

Also, How funnily do you think the people at costco will look at me if I go in and buy 14 gallons of apple juice and a 10 lb bag of sugar for Apfelwein? I am sick of running out and want to get the Apfelwein pipeline built back up again. Not to mention that longer term conditioning will be easier since my roomates drink the stuff like water.

I didnt get funny looks buying 10 gallons at walmart, but the lady who was checking me out asked if I was thirsty. I told her "very".

I got some weird looks when I had about 6 huge watermelons in my cart walking around Blio the other day.
"someone's having a watermelon party!"
yup...I sure am. Having a party. With a watermelon theme. Jerk.

Hopefully brewing up a Punkin Ale this weekend.

I will be taking a vacation on Friday and celebrating my 50th bday by brewing a batch of "Pliny the Fraud"

I kegged a Saison today that used the Yeast Bay Saison/Brett blend and am boiling an amber wort now to pitch on the cake. I'm considering doing another batch while everything is out, but it's getting late already. We'll see.

Brewing 10 gallons of my RyeIIPA. I call it Borderline Rye. It's 8.5%abv and delicious!!

Picking up some canned pumpkin tonight to make my annual pumpkin ale tomorrow. Cant wait to be brewing over the caldron!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've been buying it 10 gallons at a time too. :mug:

I get "so you're the one buying all the distilled water huh?" yep 10-14 gallons every few weeks!

Brewing an Imperial Pale Wheat today. hoping to heat the strike water within the hour, need to suck down some coffee first to shake the cobwebs!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408113038.061463.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408113113.524260.jpg

Just mashed in for the pumpkin ale and started recirculating and having a slight stuck mash.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

View attachment 217796

View attachment 217797

Just mashed in for the pumpkin ale and started recirculating and having a slight stuck mash.

Lucky you! I did my pumpkin porter on Sunday and the butternut squash & sweet potato in the mash clogged my sparge before it ever started! Luckily I still had my BIAB bag and just moved the grains over and did a batch sparge with it (and managed to hit my number on the head!)

Tis the season to be thinking pumpkin, to be ready for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I was thinking of doing my first attempt at a Scotch Ale next, but I may go pumpkin saison instead and let the temps cool a bit more before doing the Scotch. I won't get to it this weekend, though. Wedding to go to and other stuff to do. Maybe next weekend. Anyway, I have some harvested Belle Saison I can use, so that's probably what I'll do.

In a small amount of reading I have done so far, I have noted that adding the pumpkin to the mash can be a problem for the flow and some folks think it's contribution to body and mouthfeel at this stage are negligible; so they recommend adding it to the boil...or advise a crapload of rice hulls. What have you guys and gals experienced and what would you recommend for BIAB?

I have also seen variations in the spices, quantities and when to add them. Some are at various times during the boil; others are at flameout, primary, secondary and, interestingly, adding a "tea" made from the spices at bottling. I'm actually thinking about racking onto boiled apple cider base with the spices at secondary and letting the sugar from the cider ferment off before bottling. Opinions?

Finally, I will be rummaging through some recipes and checking here for opinions to put together my plan, but I haven't looked at hops yet. I know I like Citra, Centennial, Nugget. I've done a couple with Nelson Sauvin and I'm ready to move away from the "winey" flavors for awhile. Suggestions for a pumpkin saison? And would any hops accentuate or pair well with the pumpkin spices in a saison? Or would you stop at bittering hops or late boil additions for flavor/aroma? So many possibilities! I'm not against the idea of strictly following an outstanding recipe that has been brewed successfully many times, but I don't mind a little experimentation either.

I have a very basic set-up: turkey fryer with a nice, beefy burner, 8 gallon S/S pot. I do an ice bath chill and I can ferment in a bottling bucket or a 6 gallon glass carboy. I do not have a way to regulate the fermentation temperature...house is usually around 72-74F. I can increase the temp. with a heating pad and "space blanket", but no way to maintain cooler temps, which is why I'm planning saison and postponing the Scotch Ale. I do bottles...no kegging ability.

If anyone would prefer to PM me or e-mail me, rather than hi-jack the thread, that's cool, too. E-mail is [email protected]

Belgian Wit and probably a Pale Ale this Sunday. I *should* try to find time to actually wire the PWM controller back into my kettle before then to make things easier.

I'm doing a double-header; partigyling an imperial IPA and a brown ale of some sort (session porter, perhaps).

Bryan

I'm going to try and brew my Pumpkin Ale sometime this weekend. Four cans of Pumpkin right in the mash...rice hulls to the rescue!

Next year I may forego the pumpkin next year. The mash wouldn't recirculate correctly and the batch sparge took forever after recirculating. It's finally in the kettle and almost to boiling. I'm putting in a Oz of Cluster at 60 and then doing a tsp of Pumpkin spice right at shut down. I'll do another 1 tablespoon of spice after fermentation.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm going to be brewing Jamil's American Wheat on Sunday, which I am going to add some watermelon to once its done fermenting. Trying out the new grain mill for the first time.

First brew in four months.
Had help from my son and my wife,thanks guys.
We turned a very hoppy 23 litre batch of 1.040 pale ale into a 11 litre batch of IIPA

Was going to put up two brews today and realized I don't want to do this anymore. Maybe I will come back to it. Maybe I won't.
One out of two isn't bad.

Cold crashed my starter this.morning for tomorrow's brew. Gonna clean the garage today and crush the rest of the grain. I will be begging 10 gals of IPA while brewing 10 gals of RyeIPA. Gonna be a busy and productive day tomorrow.

I am really excited to brew the RyeIPA. This is a seasonal at my house in Fall, so it's been about a year since I've been able to pull the tap and get some of that deliciousness... On top of that, it's one of my favorite brews... malty, spicy, hoppy... and 8.5% so it's a heavy hitter. mmmmm... Sunday morning can't come soon enough

Latest posts

Back