So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping to brew on Saturday. Will see what day the GF wants to go to the park and all that labor day stuff.

Speckled heifer all grain kit from Northern Brew.

Wasn't able to pull a double brew this past weekend so I'm going to have to pull one this weekend. Planning on another go at my American wheat utilizing saaz and cascade. Still not sure what the second will be, either deception cream stout or a White IPA with some Corriander and orange peel to help round out a healthy dosing of cascade and centennial with just a hint of Belma. (Trying to use up some hops in the fridge)

not doing much with the holiday weekend so I'm going to try to squeeze in 2 batches. Thinking a Cascadian Dark and either an ESB or a Kolsch.

I have to keg / bottle a batch of Fat Rabit Belgian Pale Ale to clear the fermentors for the batch of Utha Brutha Tripel to be brewed this weekend using the 3787 yeast from the Pale.

Brewing a rye pale ale with Cluster, cascade and Willamette this weekend. This will be my first batch since my daughter was born last June and I'm super excited. Should be able to serve this at her 1st birthday party on my spanking new keg system too.

Going to the Sharks/Kings game on Sunday, so Monday brewday is looking good. I'm making my Bedtime Lite Stout. It's not really a stout because there's no roasted barley in it. It's dark, a little chocolatey, creamy, and very mild. I call it my bedtime beer because I mix a shot of tart cherry concentrate in with my last pint of the night. Eases up my insomnia/sleep issues.

Kolsch coming up this weekend. Just got to remember to get the yeast going tonight. Hopefully I start early Sat. morning and get done in time for visitors. BBQ!

doing EdWort's Kolsch again because it was such a hit last time I did it. (Gotta have it ready for the 4th of July).

And if there's time, I might do a basic Maris Otter Lawnmower beer with some 1272 and Centennial I have sitting around.

Making my first attempt at a saison on sunday... got a half keg of banana cream ale to bottle as well

I need to make up a batch of my old ale to blend with the batch that has been sitting on Brett C for 8 months. I feel like I should make something else too but not sure yet. Maybe something Belgium.

Going to brew a Belgian Quad for my upcoming wedding.

Also going to be having a fresh leg of lamb with parmesan asparagus and roasted potatoes with tzatziki. Washing it all down with a freshly tapped Mosaic IPA. Should be a great brew day with sun in the forecast.

Just put together a 5 gallon batch of cider tonight. Hopefully brewing a 6 gallon batch of zombie dust Sunday or Monday.

Brewing my 2nd batch of home brew ever, going with a wheat ale of some sort, haven't decided on the recipe. 1st batch was partial mash, which was a super fun learning experience (aka I messed a ton of stuff up and still got a tasty beer).

A SMaSH recipe with white wheat and East Kent Goldings is one thing I'm leaning towards (bring on the rice hulls).

Bottleing my stout.Decided to do it @ 2 weeks cuz the last week was high 60's last 2 days will be above 70,OG of 1.052-what the hey-its done.Got it in my 6.5 gallon bottleing bucket and just using prime tabs.Will bottle straight out of it. I could still leave it I guess for a few more cuz the only 3 gallon glass fermenter I have is unoccupied which my first mead will be occuping this weekend. Going with a ginger/vannilla bean methomel. Its gonna be awesome and Im gunna like it!(I hope)

Too warm to brew this summer and Im out of ingrediance anyway intentionally. I couldnt resist making an excuse to occupy my carboy though for the time being with a nice mead to age.Til I start brewing again-probably more ocassionally since Im having my first baby on the way come January. Going to use a pack of my 05 yeast too for the mead. I intend to not go back to my lhbs to be tempted with brewing ingredients til the fall. So Im winging this mead a bit,although Ive been researching and should be fine with what I have. I have plenty o' pipeline anyway to keep me til winter also,as far as brewing.
I figured a mead was a good choice too since Ive recently married and also having a child possibly in the same year.Didnt have a honeymoon,but its the beverage of love,right? Once my wife has our baby then we can presume to consume the sweet honey nectar of love,no?

Killer brew day today...I made Jamil's Uncommonly Lucky and I was uncommonly UNlucky! My chugger pump kept crapping out, either losing prime or shutting down completely for 15-20 minutes at a time. My inventory list was wrong so I had to make some creative substitutions. Finally in the fermentation fridge and all cleaned up, just a damn long and tiring brew day. AND the Bruins couldn't close out NY? C'mon man!

No brew this weekend but just bottled our “Base Camp Brown (AG)” split between two additives @ bottling. 6 Gal with coconut for a Koko Brown then the other 6 Gal with hazelnut for a Hazelnut Brown. Primed with Brown Shugga’ to 3.0 Vco2 so we’ll see how she barks here in a couple weeks. This one won’t be aged (it was in secondary for 8 weeks (work schedules n’ all)) so it should be good right out of bottle conditioning (we’ll test in a week, then two, three, etc. ‘til she’s done). Right in time for vacation come mid-June!

Cheers,

-JM

In celebration of our new "sake" forum i will be started a batch of sake and rice wine tmrow
Also will be eising about 15-20bottles of Apfelwine for some memorial day madness tnite
And will be giving a homebrew demo to friends and family on sunday
Thinking about Cream of Three Crops and giving out a couple bottles to each of the participants!
Monday should be Tripel/Flanders partigyle! This one i cant wait for.

Should be a good weekend!
Cheers and Enjoy the 3day weekend everyone!

Brewing up a mostly late hopped Nugget IPA saturday. Pitch half of an 05 slurry i just racked off of. Should be a nice rainy day to BIAB 3 gallons!

Brewing up a mostly late hopped Nugget IPA saturday. Pitch half of an 05 slurry i just racked off of. Should be a nice rainy day to BIAB 3 gallons!

Your username rocks, though you live in Ames, so I'm not sure.....

I think I'm brewing a simple blonde/pale this weekend. Just 2-row, gratuitous honey malt, and cascade, very light IBUs, 4.x%. I need a good lawnmower beer.

Going to brew up an all grain version of my pale ale recipe. Just started all grain brewing so I anxious to compare the all grain version to the extract version I brewed about 5 weeks ago.

Back