So what do you say as a father

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hide the DVD of Red from her, and leave some Peace Corps pamphlets in your sock drawer?

Hide the DVD of Red from her, and leave some Peace Corps pamphlets in your sock drawer?

So i have to admit I just googled red.... Working on the pamphlets...

So are throwing knives a normal young child Christmas gift request?

The Peace Corp is ripe picking ground for the CIA (can't tell you the specifics but trust me) better to get her into brewing.

Cannot confirm nor deny I know.... Problem is she is already into brewing. I am afraid...

Never mentioned age........
However, I'm a believer in support. Get her a nice target rifle for the holidays. I can't say as I'd love the situation being I have two girls no way in he!!.. Yet we are all individuals and there's definitely something on that mind. My instant thought is she wants to hold people accountable for their actions.

She probably heard it from an older cousin or something.

I played drums when I was 14, and my parents got all concerned that I was pursuing that as a career. I said; nah, I want to be a secret service sniper. They said: 'Oh thank God.' (I had just seen that Clint Eastwood movie)

At least she doesn't want to be a musician :fro:

A few awesome movies just came to mind. Loved all of these.

• Hanna
  • Kick Ass (and Kick Ass 2)
  • Alias (TV Show). I watched a bunch of the episodes, but my daughter binged them all a few years ago and loved them.

Well... I bought mine with my paper route money! :D
Never did manage to learn how to make them stick into anything though. :(

At least she doesn't want to be a musician :fro:

Know how to get a musician off your front porch?

Pay for the pizza. ;)

Budget? Savage Axis in .223 with a Timney trigger. best bang for the buck. (stock trigger is rubbish) and Fullfield II Riflescope 6.5-20x50mm

no budget? TRG-42 and Leupold 6.5x20x50 and some sort of optical ranging system.

Pay to have shooting lessons.

and teach her to ski.... just in case.. then at least she might bring home a gold medal at the winter olympics if she does not pursue her assassin career.

I'd say go with it honestly that's probably one of the coolest things your kid could tell you they wanna do. I'm 32 and just figured out I wanna brew beer for a living. Imagine if I had of told my parents that when I was young they'd have laughed at me!

Budget? Savage Axis in .223 with a Timney trigger. best bang for the buck. (stock trigger is rubbish) and Fullfield II Riflescope 6.5-20x50mm

no budget? TRG-42 and Leupold 6.5x20x50 and some sort of optical ranging system.

Pay to have shooting lessons.

and teach her to ski.... just in case.. then at least she might bring home a gold medal at the winter olympics if she does not pursue her assassin career.

Starting her off d school, iron sights (.22 target pistol and rifle), and black powder.

She already knows how to ski, but could use some brushing up. Although she has always done downhill, not cross country.

I'd say go with it honestly that's probably one of the coolest things your kid could tell you they wanna do. I'm 32 and just figured out I wanna brew beer for a living. Imagine if I had of told my parents that when I was young they'd have laughed at me!

That is what m parents did when I told them at 20 I wanted to be a brewmaster. That was 1998, the timing would have been perfect for the craft beer revolution.

My son told me when he was 4 that he wanted to manage the place where they have sexy pole dancers.

Later found out that he walked in on my 14 year old nephew, need i say more?

Weapons training for sure, and a range membership, if you don't have a place to shoot.

We're in the final stages of building an indoor range here in Southern Indiana, and you would not believe the amount of interest we have had from women.

Get her some Rosetta Stone (or whatever) language course software, and tell her to get on that. If nothing else it certainly won't hurt for her college applications, and she won't shoot her eye out with a copy of Conversational German :p

I think most of it's been covered, but encouragement is truly the best thing.

Language skills - is a must
weapon skills and martial arts - good to start young
good Grades and critical thinking - helps with everything they will do in life
espoinage and social engineering techniqes - can be added later, you don't want them running con jobs on you.

Kids chnage thier minds as they grow and if she can master any of the skills needed she will be a bad a$$ at whatever she ends up doing. Wish my daughters stuck with any of these.

Talk her out of it. CIA contracts out, they are expendable. Better off doing what is suggested and see if she can get a full ride to West Point and see if a Military career interests her.

Get her a rifle for Christmas. Or BB gun, depending on the age ;)

christmas story.jpg

When your daughter tells you she wants to be an assassin for the CIA and take out bad people??

From the voice of experience ... tell her there are much better ways to promote good in the world without having to proactively join and be part of the "Dark Side". Removing evil people from the world seems like a very simple way to promote good, but after a time, such a way proves detrimental to your emotional health and moral spirit.
Why?
Because once you begin you never seem to run out of targets ... and for various reasons, some of them will get away. People you thought you were protecting will hate you for trying to help. Others will "thank you for your service" and have absolutely no comprehension of what it takes to do the job - as long as they didn't have to clean up the mess.

Until she's old enough to realize what this choice entails, distracting her with "Assassins Creed" video games may help ... then again, it may just fuel her imagination even more.

Just tell her to be careful of what she wishes for. Sometimes you get more than you asked for.

Talk her out of it. CIA contracts out, they are expendable. Better off doing what is suggested and see if she can get a full ride to West Point and see if a Military career interests her.

That organization, to me, is too politicized. Elitist moreso than elite.

As a kid, I didn't understand why my father tried to talk me out of enlisting. Thirty-some years and one boy in military college, I know why.
It's harder to save lives, live a good life, and do something constructive with it. As a former vet, it's difficult for me to say, but sometimes, your government's enemies aren't your own. You're better off learning to do something that carries over when you leave your "former life" behind.

You can point kids in a direction but sometimes being negative will only fuel their determination for the wrong reasons. If there's something they really want to do, encourage. If they're good at it, support them 100% and you may get to see how far they take it.

Be proud of her for wanting to do something for her country and the world.
If she does choose to serve our nation, urge her to be careful, and pray for her safety.

Back