So I opened my fermenter... How do I fix this?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandbag58d

Reaction score
20140221_202648_zpsrwqwykf0.jpg

The only thing I see wrong is that it is empty. If that is what you are talking about, then you have a very serious situation that must be fixed quickly.

I think it's infected. Quick - try this trick: fill it with a combination of barley sugar, water, hops and yeast. Cover it loosely and leave it for about a couple of weeks. It should look better at that point.

My condolences.

Thanks for the suggestions... I checked my carboy and I think it spread!

20140221_202537_zpsvica2xo1.jpg

I'm going to try the barley sugar soak with a yeast rinse and see if it helps. Thanks guys!

yea you better do a double barley soak cause you really don't want that to spread any more.

Okay, that was pretty funny.
I opened the thread, 3/4 expecting to see someone took a picture of normal krausen or yeast rafts or something perfectly normal.
A COMPLETELY empty bucket was the last thing I expected.

What the ….? If you're going to post disturbing images like this I really think you should give us some sort of warning first.

I'm really concerned about it spreading to the keg. It's always a tragedy when a keg gets such infections.

Okay, that was pretty funny.
I opened the thread, 3/4 expecting to see someone took a picture of normal krausen or yeast rafts or something perfectly normal.
A COMPLETELY empty bucket was the last thing I expected.

Haha! Yeah, it was a little dig at our tendency to worry about nothing when we first get into making beer.

I too have a case of Nobeeritis. It's a terrible disease but luckily easily cured. God speed brother.

Back