So I decided Naturally conditioning a corny with same wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flananuts

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I've f'd my recent beer. Here goes. I just kegged an IPA where I had the hair brained idea to naturally condition it in the corny using some of the wort that couldn't fit in the fermenter. The beer was 1.065 OG and FG 1.01. I definitely pulled a bit of yeast when siphoning. So I decided without any research(not my usual MO) to pour about 1.5 qt's of of the wort in the corny.

My questions are, is this enough to condition the keg at basement temps(64 degress). My thoughts are after about 4 weeks, to put it in the kegerator and hook it up to co2, and either bleed to 12psi or increase to 12 psi.

I appreciate and welcome your opinions and banter!!!!!

My guess is you're going to be just fine. The worst two options I can think of are you are overcarbed (which can be bled off) or undercarbed (which you can force carb at 12psi). I think you're well on your way to some delicious beer!

Latest posts

Back