Snow cone syrup fermenting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbskinner

Reaction score
So at my local grocery store a 1 gallon jug of snow cone syrup was $6. My carboy is open and I thought I would try it out. I have some champagne yeast and was wondering how I would go about it. Any one do this before? Is there any recipes out there? If not any advice on how I should go about it this will be my first wine and only my second fermentation. I took the gravity reading of the stuff and it was over my reading.

thanks in advance for any help

t

So at my local grocery store a 1 gallon jug of snow cone syrup was $6. My carboy is open and I thought I would try it out. I have some champagne yeast and was wondering how I would go about it. Any one do this before? Is there any recipes out there? If not any advice on how I should go about it this will be my first wine and only my second fermentation. I took the gravity reading of the stuff and it was over my reading.

thanks in advance for any help

t

I assume snow cone syrup has potassium sorbate and/or sodium benzoate in it to preserve it (so it doesn't spoil on the snow cone cart) and so it will not ferment.

Yeah benzoate of soda and potassium sorbate. Damn I was excited to have fruit punch wine.

Back