Snorkel Gear recomendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverfrontbrewer

Reaction score
Hey all-

We have a BVI trip coming up and I am looking for any input on a good set of snorkel gear (mask, fins, snorkel) Any first hand reviews? atomic, cressi, body glove, ocean quest?

Thanks!

Hey all-

We have a BVI trip coming up and I am looking for any input on a good set of snorkel gear (mask, fins, snorkel) Any first hand reviews? atomic, cressi, body glove, ocean quest?

Thanks!

Being a diver, I would suggest getting good quailty gear from a dive shop and stay away from the stuff you see in Sports Authority, Dicks, etc. The gear will be more expensive, but will fit you a lot better and be a lot more comfortable.

These guys are in Littleton and will let you try out different things. http://www.a1scuba.com/

I second JeepDiver. I don't have snorkeling advice specifically, but if this is something you see yourself doing more than a couple of times, it pays to get comfortable fins and mask, and to get a snorkel that clears easily. Unfortunately, the good stuff costs more.

They make masks with prescription lens too, so if you wear glasses, they are a NICE feature. Also make sure you get tempered GLASS mask, not the cheap plastic. Just wanted to make sure to mention that, even though it looks like you are considering a decent selection of brands.

I highly recommend going to an actual dive shop and trying on the various brands and models. You may find a lower priced item fits better. Or you may find one that you hate to spend the money on, but just have to have. Either way, comfort is the key.

Agree with the posts above. If you plan on using them more than just this one trip do some research, try then on and see what's most comfortable for you. I've got Mares equipment and absolutely love it...

Back