Smokin' Hopz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hex

Reaction score
From Ted's cigars, premium longleaf tobaccos season with centennial hops.
Paired with my fourth pro-brew, a California Tripel.
It's a good cigar. Light draw, medium body. It's not bitter, but I really can't pick up the hops contribution. Has any one else tried one?

image-623355213.jpg

I had one once for the novelty of then only caught a slight hint of the hops in the nose. It was way to expensive imo

I quit smoking cigars. The problem is the Cuban cigars are still the best. Give me a cuban and I'll light up again.

Why is the Rhustaller beer so darn expensive? I saw it in a whole foods market but decided against purchasing it. I'll give it a try next time I get paid...

I hope it's worth the price. How much does it cost to wrap the neck with burlap...If you could not do that, would the price of the beer go down?

A lot of market failures have happened with larger boutique bottled beers. It's really sad that people will pay 500k for a screaming eagle wine.

But won't even entertain the idea of a 7-20$ beer.

I have tried one. Not a bad cigar but I didn't get the hops from it. Definitely more of a novelty than anything else.

Why is the Rhustaller beer so darn expensive? I saw it in a whole foods market but decided against purchasing it. I'll give it a try next time I get paid...
We are currently contract brewing our recipes at other established microbreweries. They are in business to make profit, and we also need to show profit on our books to maintain investor interest. If we keep or investors interested, we hope to build our own profitable microbrewery. The Tripel above was modeled after a Westmalle Tripel clone using 100% California barley and hops which expands the style with a unique California taste. It is less expensive than its Belgian counterpart.

Back to the cigar, I wish they had erred on the side of excess hops where inexperienced pallets could perceive its contribution.

Latest posts

Back