SMaSH With WLP007?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambleon

Reaction score
I've been tossing around the idea of a SMaSH brew lately and i wanted to try a few ingredients I've never used before in it to get a feel for their profiles. I have four oz of Amarillo and some WLP 007 dry English ale yeast in the fridge. I was thinking about 10-11 lbs Marris Otter along with it. Sound like a good recipe? Mostly late additions for the Amarillo I think. How about the 007? Is that neutral enough to let the profile of the malt and hops shine?

Rambleon said:
I've been tossing around the idea of a SMaSH brew lately and i wanted to try a few ingredients I've never used before in it to get a feel for their profiles. I have four oz of Amarillo and some WLP 007 dry English ale yeast in the fridge. I was thinking about 10-11 lbs Marris Otter along with it. Sound like a good recipe? Mostly late additions for the Amarillo I think. How about the 007? Is that neutral enough to let the profile of the malt and hops shine?

Wlp007 should be fine. It attenuated fast and drops out faster in my brews. I use it in my ipas and love it.

Latest posts

Back