smallest ferm temp control option for 1 gal batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Publius

Reaction score
I am looking to ramp down to 1 gallon batches on the stovetop for awhile...the main reason for which is to conserve space in an increasingly cramped house (third kid on the way). I am looking for the most space-efficient solution I can find for controlling fermentation temp of a 1 gallon batch. I could make a scaled down version of the fermentation chamber I built for my 5 gallon batches, but was hoping for something a little less involved. Maybe one of those little thermoelectric camping coolers plugged in to my stc 1000? Do they sell some sort of cold plate that my fermentation vessel could just sit on? I know this wouldn't be realistic for a larger volume but for just a gallon it seems something like this might actually be feasible, if such a thing exists?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I was thinking the same with one of those coolers. It's essentially the smallest consumer grade fridge that you can buy unless you make one.

I was thinking the same with one of those coolers. It's essentially the smallest consumer grade fridge that you can buy unless you make one.

My only concern though is whether those things will stand up to long periods of continuous use. Anyone actually used one for this purpose, and if so any specific models to recommend?

The smallest bar fridge will be the same size. Probably more reliable. Maybe search on this site for some home made diy ferm chambers?

Latest posts

Back