Smallest 7 gall conical fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippyclown

Reaction score
Is there a conical fermenter out there between 5 and 8 gallons that can fit in a chamber 31" x 16 x 16? That would have to be pretty compact and not sure it exists. Is it at all cost efficient to have something custom made? Worst case scenerio I will alter the chamber to make the dimensions larger, I guess.

zc

That is much taller than the OP's requested dimensions.

Is there a conical fermenter out there between 5 and 8 gallons that can fit in a chamber 31" x 16 x 16? That would have to be pretty compact and not sure it exists. Is it at all cost efficient to have something custom made? Worst case scenerio I will alter the chamber to make the dimensions larger, I guess.

zc

My stout 12.5 gallon is only 16x16 by like 42"-48" I believe overall with stand and the 7.3 gallon clone version I have fits into your dimensions I believe..

zc

pretty well my dilemma as well. 7g conicals wont fit in my ferm fridge sadly. Im probably going to be forced to go ssbrewbuckets. Im not knocking them, but wish I could have gone full con but alas.

Larger Fridges are as little as $50 on Craigslist, How is this a big dilemma? Or buy a cool zone jacket and use an aquarium pump to a bucket of water in your fridge for coolant... you really have a lot of options... 1.5" blue discharge hose works excellent wrapped around a conical as well...

The SS Brewtech Chronical 7 Gal Fermenter looks just slightly too tall at 33" H x 14" W

The MoreBeer conical is also to tall at: 40"H (with airlock and stopper) x 15"W

I cant see the dimensions of the new one from Spike Brewing, but that might be worth checking into.
http://spikebrewing.com/collections/fermenters/products/7-gallon-stainless-steel-conical-fermenter

Even the plastic FastFerment seems to big:
Height from bottom of collection ball to top of airlock: 35.5 inches / 90 cm
Height from bottom of collection ball to top of lid: 32 inches / 81 cm
Width with mounting bolts: 14.75 inches / 37.5 cm

Looks like you might be out of luck with the space you have there.

Larger Fridges are as little as $50 on Craigslist, How is this a big dilemma? Or buy a cool zone jacket and use an aquarium pump to a bucket of water in your fridge for coolant... you really have a lot of options... 1.5" blue discharge hose works excellent wrapped around a conical as well...

I'd recommend this route too. Get the conical you want and put it on top of your fridge with a pump in a bucket in the fridge, or put the whole thing in a big fridge from Craigslist if you have the room.

The Catalyst plastic conical is 15X13.5x26.5 without the airlock. With the airlock, it is just under the 31".

Latest posts

Back