• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida Small Corny-ball lock 2.5 gallon - $70 -Gainesville

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edecambra

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a small 2.5 gallon, ball lock corny keg. It seals and holds pressure great, I changed out the o-rings on the tubes a while ago to have the flat, 4 sided wonderful sealing type rings and you can almost finger tighten it without loosing pressure. I just haven't found much use for it since I moved to full size kegs and it has been collecting dust for over a year now.

I'd prefer to sell this local for 70 bucks, I am in Gainesville Florida.

If it doesn't go in a week, I'll consider shipping, buyer pays and I'd guess it would be close to 20 bucks, but i'll get more precise if that time comes.

Cheers everyone

Are used half-size Cornies really $70 now? What's the going rate on full-size kegs? Last I checked, $40-50 was considered a fair price. Do the smaller ones actually cost MORE, or have the full-size ones climbed in price too?

From what I have seen in the past 3-4 years of brewing experience is that the mini kegs are significantly more rare. This was my first keg to go in my regular fridge, and I quickly evolved to larger kegging setup and found that I used this very little anymore.

I got it about 2.5-3 years ago on ebay for ~ 70 bucks plus shipping, and I have seen the 2.5-3 gallon kegs go for even more.

Also here are some shots:

As you can see there has been some soldering/welding around the gas post. It was like this when I received it, but I've had any issues with pressure or functionality.

Cheers guys

Small kegs are more than 5 gallon ones, there were less made. Is the inside smooth around that repaired post? If there is welding slag or sugaring it would be difficult to sanitize.

I am in Sanderson and definately interested. Will be putting it inside 10 gallon milk can for my 1949 GMC pickup aka "Homebrew'D"
Keep me in mind.

I am in Sanderson and definately interested. Will be putting it inside 10 gallon milk can for my 1949 GMC pickup aka "Homebrew'D"
Keep me in mind.

I'm not quite sure what you mean... but I will definitely keep you in mind.

Ohh and I checked the inside of the keg, near the weld just to make sure and it is smooth as butter. No sugaring or mess.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back