Small Affordable Keg Ideas To Take To A Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostDogBeer

Reaction score
Did some looking around in the forum for an answer on this but didn't find what I was hoping for. Here's my question:

I have several large corny kegs (5Gal) all filled but I'm supposed to head to a party for my wife's co-workers this weekend. She would like me to bring some of my homebrew with me but I don't really want to lug around the big keg and the CO2 tank, ice, buckets, etc. Plus, it's not that big of a party. I know that I can take along a few growlers but that doesn't seem like enough.

I was wondering if anyone might have a recommendation on something like a 1-2 gallon travel keg that can be used with a simple tap or even one of those handheld CO2 things (like for air guns, etc). I see that Party Pig out there but seems like that is complicated with those pressurized "bags" for dispensing, etc.

Any tips?

Did some looking around in the forum for an answer on this but didn't find what I was hoping for. Here's my question:

I have several large corny kegs (5Gal) all filled but I'm supposed to head to a party for my wife's co-workers this weekend. She would like me to bring some of my homebrew with me but I don't really want to lug around the big keg and the CO2 tank, ice, buckets, etc. Plus, it's not that big of a party. I know that I can take along a few growlers but that doesn't seem like enough.

I was wondering if anyone might have a recommendation on something like a 1-2 gallon travel keg that can be used with a simple tap or even one of those handheld CO2 things (like for air guns, etc). I see that Party Pig out there but seems like that is complicated with those pressurized "bags" for dispensing, etc.

Any tips?

Sure, you could move the beer via c02 to a smaller keg but they still take up a lot of room- they are just shorter. They have 2.5 and 3 gallon corney kegs available.

It's been easier for me to take along the kegs, and the co2 tank, and some ice. We serve it like this:
dscf2640-40875.jpg

You can push any keg of beer with one of those handheld "chargers", and don't need to take along a c02 tank. You just have to hid the charger end, as I swear people will push it just to push it.

How about 2 liter bottles with carbonator caps to maintain carb and protect the beer for the journey? It would also help keep the sediment (yes there is still sediment in the kegs) from getting mixed back into solution. They are cheaper than growlers and disposable too (the 2-liters not the carb caps).

I have a 2.5 gallon keg, got it from Midwest Supplies. But if you really wanna go cheap, get a growler and fill it up, should at least stay carbed until the party is over.........

Latest posts

Back