Small 7-8oz bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhamFish

Reaction score
I'm currently in Curacao and they sell beer in these tiny 8oz bottles that would be perfect for Barleywine bottling. Is there anywhere I can get these in the states? I'm considering packing up 2-3 cases of empty bottles and bringing them back to the US. I think I can bring back 3 cases for about $100, maybe thats a good deal anyway? (plastic case for recycling bottles not cardboard and 3 x 36 bottles)

Anyone sourcing these on the internet? I'd rather just buy them but if I cant I'll get them while I'm here.

I've only seen clear ones, but not brown. i think someone in my brew club had some green ones. Here's a link to the clear,ones, http://www.highgravitybrew.com/productcart/pc/Bottles-7-oz-187ml-Clear-p2116.htm#.U4igAvldWEc

Thanks, thats a good reference point. At 30$ for 24 clear ones $100 for 108 brown ones makes sense. I'll get the plastic bins that hold them too.

The beer is brewed in Florida and sent here, so there must be a source in the US. Wonder why you cant find them on the internet anywhere? Seems like the perfect size for a high gravity beer.

Looking at them it doesn't appear to be an actual 7 oz bottle though. It looks like a normal beer bottle to me. Maybe it's just not the actual bottle pictured.

but would I need to buy 10,000 bottles? Honestly I can only use ~100

Ooops! Sorry. I posted the link without really looking it over. It does say 10,000 min order.

You want pony bottles.

I'm not sure where you're from but Rolling Rock sells 30 packs of ponies:
rrtapac7.jpg

Little Kings sells essentially the same bottle in the Midwest iirc.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401546922.278124.jpg

Well judging from the replies it seems like the added luggage cost is a pretty good deal on getting a couple of cases of these back. I can even get these plastic bins too.

You know your a homebrewer when...

Well then, I think you can bring a case each duty free. Might as well bring them back full.

:) well the taste isn't anything I wish to have back home, it is a bit funny but when I'm paying by the lbs I'd rather have the bottles than the beer LOL.

Back