Sluggish yeast????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
So I made a neipa Saturday, 1.080og, pitched two packs of omega dipa oly-52 ie Conan, into fermenter with fermometer reading 64deg. Placed fermenter in my basement where it’s 69-70f ambient, fermometer reading 66-67 now BUT there is absolutely zero activity. What gives. It’s like I didn’t even pitch any yeast. So here’s the thing the date on both packs of yeast was July 2020, I know a long time ago, they’ve been in my fridge for a couple months when I planned to brew, got sidetracked had Saturday open up and that’s also why I didn’t make a starter but I figured two packs would be ok. So now what?? Wait it out or repitch another pack and hope that gets things going. I aerate for 60sec with my wand and usually I have activity heck 3-4hra later this has been 48hrs and nothing. I need to save this beer.

Time to add more yeast. Get another pack or two in there ASAP.
So there’s only 1 store near me and I know they sell the new dry version of London ale 3 so maybe I’ll just go with two packs of that and rehydrate it and pitch it.

Latest posts

Back