Size Refrigerator or Freezer to fit Demi John?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewAlchemy

Reaction score
So I recently moved to Denver and wow do temperatures fluctuate here immensely compared to back in New York. Im talking 50 degrees in a day. So i have come to the realization that I need to come up with a fermentation chamber. Yes I have read and seen tons of DIY projects out there but unfortunately the apartment I am in and my lack of tools inhibits me to build one. So I have decided to hopefully find a fridge or freezer that can accommodate 1-12/15 gallon demi-john in it and just slap a temp regulator on it and wahlah done.

So does anyone have any recommendations on a appliance they can fit these large tear drop style demi-johns?

hmmm I would suggest finding a cheap second hand fridge and take all of the shelving units and bars out so you can squeeze it in...as for brands im not sure on american ones, but for what you want I would say cheap and nasty second hand.

But I am curious what other people suggest

Back