Siphoning and getting croisin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkw1000

Reaction score
When I siphon my beer out of my primary fermenter, I notice a faint draw of white into the siphon tub. It's pulling a faint cloud of croisin. I don't rack to a secondary as I'm trying to keep my labor simple. I do get greedy and tilt very gently the fermenter once and hold in that position to siphon all I can without sticking the siphon tube onto the croisin. I'm wondering what others notice and do to limit this. I believe my siphon tube is about 1/4" dia. I wasn't sure if I was drawing to strong, need to just waste an inch of liquid or maybe do something else. All in all, the beer is good and maybe I should care. Any thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks,
John

It's all part of the game, the choice between being greedy versus the willingness to sacrifice a dram or two of beer to Bacchus for the betterment of the rest is always there, through multiple phases of brewing.

It has to be dealt with, but only you can decide...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back