Single Tier, SS, HWH, 3 Burner, 3 Pump Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeGarzz

Reaction score
I wanted to step up to a bigger system and spent a lot of time on Homebrewtalk doing research on what I wanted, learning what has worked for others, what others didnt like about their stands, and picking up general knowledge about gas valves and burners. This forum was a great resource so I thought I would post some pics of my system.

Much of the design is similar to many of the stands already posted on the forum. I took a different approach on a couple aspects of the system. I needed the Hot Water Heater and the Control Panel to fold in so I could move the stand back into a storage spot when not in use. I also was originally going with two pumps so I included a separate mounting bar that would allow me to slide the pumps around as needed, I ended up with three pumps so they are in fixed locations now. With the current configuration I can move liquids from any vessel to any other vessel and choose whether I underlet or use whirlpool ports. The back horizontal support is 2 inches below the top of the stand to allow for heat and exhaust gasses to escape (I believe I saw this first at brewershardware.com).

Pots are HLT=15G, MLT=20G, and BK=25G. There are sight glasses on the HLT and BK, both of these also have whirlpool ports. The MLT has a false bottom 1.25" above the bottom of the pot with a false bottom that has extra small holes, not sure of size.

The stand is made of 2" SS tube, I am not sure of the gauge but it is way overkill, the price was just too good to pass up as it was purchased for a project (not mine) that never happened. The stand was welded by a local company that does a lot of sanitary welds, I had an in with their welding department because my brother in-law works there. Below are some pics of a of the system with a few that might be a little different than some of the stands already posted.

Front View - Showing Control Panel

Front View - Showing Hot Water Heater

Front View - Showing Pumps and Valves

Pump Track & Bracket

Burner - Viewed from Above

Rear - 2 Inch Drop for Heat/Exhaust

Gas Pilot Mount

Swing Arm - Set for Storage
Notice that the HWH is mounted in the center hole. When I rotate the arm back towards the stand it fits flush with the side of the stand. When I want to use the HWH I lift up and move to the hole at the end of the arm. These hose are basically bushings and the mount arm for the HWH has a pin welded into the bottom so it is a quick install or remove.

Swing Arm - The Pivot Point

Hot Water Heater

Hot Water Heater- Input and Output Valves

Control Panel

Water Manifold - Very Simple
One port feeds the water filter (which goes to HWH) and slop sink. The other port is for a hose for rinsing/cleaning pots while on the stand, it is also used for the wort chiller when its time to chill.

Thats it. Parts were sourced over 5 or 6 months and were purchased from numerous, and I mean numerous, online websites.

Exactly. I usually get the water from the HWH a couple of degrees below my target and let the propane/PID get it to the final temp. I normally start the strike water the same time I start milling the grains. The water is usually to temp around the same time the milling is done, sometimes before. I start sparge water about 15 min before I need it.

Back