Simple Vanilla Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiewinemaker

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was hoping someone could give me a very simple vanilla porter recipe. I tried the light vanilla porter at BWW last night and decided I had to try to make some. This will only be my second batch of AG so please keep it simple!

Thanks in advance!

I made the "Urca Vanilla Porter" while I was home this summer it was very good. The recipe kit for it can be Purchased (unsure of advertizing rules on forum so PM for site). Or if you use Beersmith it is under the Northern Brewer-Porters Add on. I followed the recipe but Cut the Vanilla down to 5 days in stead of 7 in the secondary and it only lasted about 3 days in the keg.

I did a vanilla porter loosely based on Breckenridge VP. It's a partial mash with about 6 1/2 lbs of grain. It's pretty light and not at all hoppy. I used whole vanilla beans in the secondary cut up and soaked over night in vodka. The level of vanilla is just right - more aroma tha outright flavor. You can find it at http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/313279/slopeside-vanilla-porter

Give it a try. It has become one of my favorites.

Back